What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comex Releases JB Fix - CCK Now Working on iPad

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex has just released the fix for the jailbreak which resolves the widespread issue of the Camera Connection Kit not working on iPad.

I have tested and can confirm a disk attached to the CCK now mounts in iFile perfectly.

Load Cydia and let your packages refresh, then choose "Complete Upgrade" to apply the fix.

That's it!

Yay Comex!

Now what if you did "essential upgrade" by accident...is there any way to still full upgrade?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cusechamps2003 said:
Now what if you did "essential upgrade" by accident...is there any way to still full upgrade?

There's no need. You are good to go.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
can anybody confirm if SANDISK CRUZERBLADE 16GB is working?? and can someone post a video of this working?

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cusechamps2003 said:

There's no need. You are good to go.

Ok great, thanks for the udpate, now the question is, I have a old 1gb memory stick and the light does come on when I plug it in, how do I search for files on this via the CCK and iFile?

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the app store media players cant read directly off the cck because they arnt programed to see that directory... but there are a few media players on cydia, does anyone know why they cant read off the CCK? Maybe something could eventually be released?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:
but there are a few media players on cydia, does anyone know why they cant read off the CCK? Maybe something could eventually be released?

Nope. That's why we jailbreak. All Apps are sandboxed by Apple. The CCK is only supposed to be for photos. It's the JB that let's us mount it as a normal drive and use it for other things.

Denbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2 3G. and I want to make a jail.
How I understand that in case of possible problems with the iPad after Apple release 4.3.4 restore to 4.3.3 does not work, because shsh not applicable. My question is can there be problems when restoring to 4.3.4 or iOS 5 or I can safely make the jail and to easily restore to 4.3.4?

sorry for my English :eek:

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working USB Stick Flash Drive

All,

I have used DataStick Pro by Centon. You can buy them from compusa.com online or your local compusa store. I have the 32GB drives as they have special prices on them.

When you copy things from your computer, however, DO NOT, DO NOT, EVER, when it asks for you to scan & fix your drive, DO NOT ALLOW the computer to fix your flash drive. If you do, I have found that the drive will not work with your iPad again.

Starman002

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All,

I have the DataStickPro by Centon in 32GB and they work fine. You can get them online at compusa.com or your local Compusa store. If you download stuff from the computer, don't allow it to scan and fix the flashdrive. If you do your drive won't work with the iPad.

Starman002

Ktswick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex has just released the fix for the jailbreak which resolves the widespread issue of the Camera Connection Kit not working on iPad.

I have tested and can confirm a disk attached to the CCK now mounts in iFile perfectly.

Load Cydia and let your packages refresh, then choose "Complete Upgrade" to apply the fix.

That's it!

Yay Comex!

______

I'm sorry, but could you please explain the steps to accomplish this? I'm trying to play .m4v videos from a 64GB USB flash drive via the camera connection kit.

Thanks so much!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
______

I'm sorry, but could you please explain the steps to accomplish this? I'm trying to play .m4v videos from a 64GB USB flash drive via the camera connection kit.

Thanks so much!

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. If you have a jail broken iPad, the Cydia tweak iFile and a Camera Connection Kit (CCK), then you should be able to use iFile to mount an SD card or USB stick to watch videos. This is an old post and the problem has long been solved (as in: you don't have to go to Cydia to fix it any more...).

What, specifically is not working for you? Are you getting a specific error? Do note that, usually, USB sticks won't work well because they require more power to run than the iPad's 30-pin connector port provides. There is no way to "oomph" up the power output - so most people have better success with an SD card. So, if your issue is that the USB stick is not being recognized or not working q may I suggest you try an SD card?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts