What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comex Releases JB Fix - CCK Now Working on iPad

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Comex has just released the fix for the jailbreak which resolves the widespread issue of the Camera Connection Kit not working on iPad.

I have tested and can confirm a disk attached to the CCK now mounts in iFile perfectly.

Load Cydia and let your packages refresh, then choose "Complete Upgrade" to apply the fix.

That's it!

Yay Comex!

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone opened videos yet? Or on another iDevice previously?

I have some .avi videos on a SD stick that I tried to open in VLC, and they seem to take about 3 minutes to open. Transferring the video? I though you could read it directly with iFile or is there some trick I dont know?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is normal. An app, such as a video player, only knows to get files from the locations that have been programmed into it, therefore iFile must copy the file there to allow it to be read.
It's an awesome program, but it can't perform magic... It can't change other apps to magically work with external drives, however, you can always link the SD / USB path to the Apps own default directory and work with it that way...
Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well when youve got the option "open in" it doesnt make it obvious that it cant heh, doesn't seem that unreasonable. But alright if thats the way it works thats the way it works, better than nothing.

edit: and yes thanks to comex and saurik for getting it up pretty fast =p

Last edited:

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yayyy!! Comex rocks!! Going to JBme3 my iPad1 now..

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Umm you dont need JBme3. You could have used Redsn0w and had a boot rom level exploit which is way better than a userland JB.

Why would it make any difference to the end user if its userland or not? If anything, they'd prefer JBMe because its as easy to do as a jailbreak possibly can be.
I know userland can be fixed quickly by apple and boot rom takes hardware change, but that doesn't matter at all to the end user who is on a supported firmware.

Of course its obviously true there was no reason for him to wait for JBMe to jailbreak.

-----

Anyway, I tried 4 of my USB sticks and they all take too much power, bah. I know there is a list of supported ones out there though, next time I need a usb stick ill get one of those. My small usb keyboard works though, which is very cool.

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweet getting patched up as we speak...will report back. Big thanks to comex for getting it fixed so quick!

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Umm you dont need JBme3. You could have used Redsn0w and had a boot rom level exploit which is way better than a userland JB.

It was already JBed by Sn0wbreeze. I just re-JBed it to get Cydia 1.1.2 and better filesys performance. And I confirmed that CCK works perfectly now on both my iPad2 and iPad1. :D

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correction if I may.

CCK on iPad2 works fine. However, there is a little issue with iPad1 with JBme3. When you click on the .avi file, it does not give me options to open with other players (not even in the openwith window). I am going to re-JB my iPad 1 with Sn0wbreeze. But I am still happy since it's working with my iPad2 though. :)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sati747 said:
Correction if I may.

CCK on iPad2 works fine. However, there is a little issue with iPad1 with JBme3. When you click on the .avi file, it does not give me options to open with other players (not even in the openwith window). I am going to re-JB my iPad 1 with Sn0wbreeze. But I am still happy since it's working with my iPad2 though. :)

On ipad1...open ifile...tap the cog wheel for settings and make sure the option " open in external viewers" is turned on....

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway, I tried 4 of my USB sticks and they all take too much power, bah. I know there is a list of supported ones out there though, next time I need a usb stick ill get one of those. My small usb keyboard works though, which is very cool.

Hey,
Can anyone pls point me to the list of compatible usb sticks...? Im going to buy one soon and dont want to end up with a not working one.
I tried to do a quick search but couldnt find it..

cgtorrent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone opened videos yet? Or on another iDevice previously?

I have some .avi videos on a SD stick that I tried to open in VLC, and they seem to take about 3 minutes to open. Transferring the video? I though you could read it directly with iFile or is there some trick I dont know?

link your SD path to your VLC /Doc folder then it would show up in VLC once you open vlc. (I'm using Buzz Player as it's better for mkv & other formats)

Most reactions