What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't login? Reset password and still not working? Check here!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has come to our attention that recently many users have been unable to log into the site even after resetting their passwords. It appears to be a cookie issue and seemingly is more prone with the latest version of Firefox.

I would suggest trying to following and that should help narrow down the problem or even fix it. Once you are in, you can usually switch right back to your normal browser without issue as long as you clear the cookies.

1. Try a different web browser. Ie (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari) and see if you are able to log in with the password you received in your email with a different browser.

2. Reset your cookies. This differs from browser to browser, but please delete ALL your cookies and then try logging into the site.

For Firefox, this link helps: Can't login? Reset password and still not working? Check here! - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

If you are, proceed to step 3.

2. Now that we know the password and account work, try clearing all your cookies in your existing browser and then logging in. Sometimes cookies get corrupt and they prevent you from logging in, and this is an easy fix so you can continue to use your favorite browser.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's happening to me several times here using safari. Today is the worse! I opted to register anew.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Login fail!

I had a heck of a job logging in this morning. Had to reset password. That is quite a kerfuffle in it's self. Secure though no doubt. Now I am unable to reset password in User CP. Is this all part of the cookie problem, bearing in mind that I had no problems logging on with the new generated password?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had a problem. I use Safari. Now, I can't ever get on here thru my HP Mini, from day one. Always tells me the site is down for construction! But then I will just walk to my office or use the Paddy.:D

I only use my Mini once a week ~ so ~

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to reset my password several times and decided to re-register. I still couldn't get on because only have 1 email account. I would have had to open another email account and I didn't want to do that. So after several more tries it worked.

sandys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to help me get started on my new ipad2. Is there anyone out there willing to help a grandmother, so I can keep in touch with all my grandkids? My wireless password doesn't work either...HELP

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to help me get started on my new ipad2. Is there anyone out there willing to help a grandmother, so I can keep in touch with all my grandkids? My wireless password doesn't work either...HELP

That's what we're here for!! OK - let's start with the wireless password....

This might not be the problem but the iPad, by default, sets the first letter of the first word of what it perceives to be a new sentence to uppercase. So, if your password has the first letter as lower case, check the iPad isn't - by default - changing it to uppercase. If it is then, before typing the first letter of the password, hit the 'Shift' key to cancel uppercase and see if it enters the password as lower case. All the other letters and numbers of the password should be OK.

If that works and you have other problems (or if that doesn't work :( ) get back to us and we'll help you through every stage of this....just because you're a grandmother doesn't mean the iPad will be difficult - we have a member who is over 100 years old!! She celebrated her 100th birthday recently by showing all her grandchildren a slide show of photographs taken throughout her 100 years.

Good Luck and keep in touch - we're here to help...

Tim

211ssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has plagued me and I'm new with both iPad2 and this forum but I keep very careful notes and I didn't need a new password
Because I was certain of my situation but since I was unable to login, I asked for new password. Now I have needed to go through that cycle 3 times tonight and naturally, because my passwords have been so fresh and right in fronT of me, I've spent a lot of time in disbelief that it is happening again. Time consuming just doesn't cover it. By accident, I had started with new browser so I highly
Doubt that this could be a cookie issue. Actually, there is one browser that I have yet to use even once. My hope is that somehow you will be able to get your act together because it shows very poorly on your part when this is supposed to show all of us how to solve problems with out Apple products. Yes, this iPad2 is brand new, a Christmas present and my very first Apple product. I thought that there weren't issues with Apple. My interest here is for education because this is new but logging into sites is old hat for me. Never in my use of computer items has there ever been such a situation. With these two new browsers, I have no idea how to access their cookies but will look for Tools, privacy and hope that this doesn't continue as it takes up substantially more time than it takes to type this message. One thing for sure, I will try very hard not to NEED to login here anytime soon. I will be solving my questions through other approaches if it happens again. Good day, sir!

Turttlepwer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is happening with me on my app I have to go into safari to get in just keeps sayin invalid name . Any suggestions

gmrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Had to delete the & create new user 3x's before I finally got registered & successfully logged in. Very frustrating! Now let's see if the effort was worth the forum.

kanson82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you maybe all know, we've had a major update from vBulletin version 3.8 to vB 4. And after this update...sometimes members can't login because the board says 'wrong password' - what you need to know, the password isn't wrong... it's just the system telling you so. In this case, you have to re-enter a new password (i.e. change it manually) and log in once with the respective account. Only after this it works. The problem is that this issue is totally random. Some have it, some don't. The vB4 PL4 update was recently installed but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

birdegof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably didn't add this ask this correctly but need some help with a similar problem. I have an iPad 1 and recently was prompted to go to the App Store to update some apps. When I tried to login it kept prompting me Password Incorrect. So I reset my password and tried again...password incorrect again. I searched forums and did as suggested...went to App Store, logged out then logged back in. Went back to updates and was prompted to login again and that's when I noticed that my daughter's apple ID was in the login prompt and not mine. How do I get my apple ID back into the password login prompt. In Settings it shows my apple ID and the device also show's my name for my iPad. Maybe her iPhone synched with my iPad the last time I was home...I noticed just today that Bluetooth was activated and turned it off. I use her MS laptop to back up my iPad when I need an update, etc. Please help!

Most reactions

Latest posts