What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password/Login Manager or Sxipper

mbyte84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings - this is my first post. I've done some search, so I don't believe I'm reposting.

Just got an IPAD (original), my problem is having to type in my ID and password for a website (e.g. Netflix) and then roomate has his own account which a different username/password he'd also have to manually type in.

I'm looking for a program similar to Firefox's 'Sxipper'. Sxipper main benefit was 1. managing and memorizing all your passwords 2. This one is key - whenever you would log into say Netflix, a bubble would appear with all your IDs for that account (in this case myself and kids).

Below is a link of what I mean. So two bubbles (aka IDs) would appear whenever I try to login into a website. Note - the forum won't allow me to post a link or image as an example -sorry.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I am not entirely sure, if I understand your requirements fully. However, if you want to save multiple accounts for a website and then just choose from a drop-down list with which account to login, then 1Password is a safe choice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any news on this mates?

If I'm understanding your right, then nothing on the iPad will do what you want. The kind of browser plug in you are talking about does't exist for the iPad. Mobile browsers are not as powerful or flexible as desktop ones.

As DontUnderstandMyIpad suggested, 1Password is a great app for storing passwords and other secure data. You can atuo-login and visit webpages from the app using it's built in browser, or copy your passwords and then paste them into another browser, but it won't let you use it directly from, say Safari, or any other browser.

If you are visiting Netflix using the app, you'll just have to log out and back in each time you want to change accounts. You could use 1Password (or any of several other good apps) to remember the user ID and password for you, but that's all.

Most reactions

Latest posts