What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some cookies not saving on any browser

MF88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a problem with my iPad 4. Certain sites that require a login aren't working properly. I'll put the right username and password in, click login and it'll just refresh the login screen. It doesn't do this for every site, forums work fine, but it just seems to be some standard sites. I've tried Safari, Photon and Mercury browsers with the same result for each. My iPad is jailbroken, 6.0.1. The sites that don't work on my iPad do work on my jailbroken iPhone however. I've tried the usual clear cache, cookies, history, alter cookie settings, and had no luck so far. Can't find any solution through google either.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MF88, and welcome to the forum. So that you may stand a better chance of receiving replies to your question, I have moved your thread to the iPad Hacking forum which can more easily deal with your jailbroken iPad

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this has anything at all to do with being jailbroken. Jailbreaking your device does not alter the way in which Safari or any other browser handles web sites by default.

Much more likely is that the specific sites you are visiting which have problems are coded in a particular way, most likely carelessly, so that they only support specific desktop browsers such as IE, or that they use login / user session code which is non-standard.

I don't run into this problem myself. Perhaps you could give some examples of the sites you are having problems with?

The other possibility is that you have deliberately installed a Cydia tweak which alters the way cookies work? Perhaps a privacy tweak? Again, if so, list out the tweak you have installed and we'll take a look.

Most reactions

Latest posts