What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Can't remember forum password and can't find info on how to reset

Mom2Two

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm logged into the forums here on my iPad, but when I try to log on with my iPhone I keep getting a message saying my login is incorrect, but when I tried to reset password nothing happens. I just need to reset my password and can't find a way to do so.

This forum is also difficult to figure out. Things like subscribing to a discussion an then trying to find your subscribed discussions are not intuitive. At least for me. :) is there a thread that covers these basics somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mom2Two said:
Hello,

I'm logged into the forums here on my iPad, but when I try to log on with my iPhone I keep getting a message saying my login is incorrect, but when I tried to reset password nothing happens. I just need to reset my password and can't find a way to do so.

This forum is also difficult to figure out. Things like subscribing to a discussion an then trying to find your subscribed discussions are not intuitive. At least for me. :) is there a thread that covers these basics somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Are you using the website or the app for the Forum? Either way, when an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know if this works for you or not.

If you are using the app, which is much simpler than the site, you will see all the headings across the bottom, one of which is Subscribed. Whenever you post in a thread you are automatically subscribed to it. If you want to follow a thread of interest, when in the thread, press the arrow thingy top right which will load with options, one of which is Subscribe. You can also set this up to have an email sent to you when someone does do a new post in a thread.

Oh and in case you don't already have it, here is a link for the Forum app
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions