What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download adobe flash player to ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wwbruins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some video sites such as hulu.com require flash player but I tried many times it came back as " download failure, safari unable to download flash player"
It was from adobe official site. Has someone encountered similar issue like this?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, uh, hate to break this to you pal but, apple and flash don't mix. Google is your friend.

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some video sites such as hulu.com require flash player but I tried many times it came back as " download failure, safari unable to download flash player"
It was from adobe official site. Has someone encountered similar issue like this?
Thanks.

iPad doesn't support flash. However, according to Gizmodo, Hulu is coming out with an app for the iPad.

OP
W

Wwbruins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, just wondering on adobe flash downloads there was an option for Mac/safari, so "Mac and flash don't mix" ? New to apple here, how did you guys surf without flash? Tons of websites run videos with flash, ways to get around this?

OP
W

Wwbruins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange response Ivan, do you know how to fix tech problem?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not pulling our leg?

Sorry about my reaction. I really thought you were joking and probably others around here too! Then I guess I'll have to be the one who tells you.

Apple is refusing to allow Flash to run on the iPad for security reasons. They want Flash off the web to be replaced by HTML5. It looks like a tiff between Adobe and Apple. And it's turning to Apple haters against Apple users.

At this point, all sites using Flash will not show on the iPad properly and there's no solution. You can find better info if you dig.

If you were serious, please accept my apologies.:)

OP
W

Wwbruins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey iVan, thanks for the info. No hard feelings. I just though this tech chat forum should focus on solving ipad issues. Maybe i need to dig out my sense of humor sometimes :)
As a pc user for 20 years, I am very impress by how apple has evolved over the past 15 years. This iPad just totally mesmerizes me. I hope apple will take this flash player thing seriously because without it we are missing a lot on the www.
:)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey iVan, thanks for the info. No hard feelings. I just though this tech chat forum should focus on solving ipad issues. Maybe i need to dig out my sense of humor sometimes :)
As a pc user for 20 years, I am very impress by how apple has evolved over the past 15 years. This iPad just totally mesmerizes me. I hope apple will take this flash player thing seriously because without it we are missing a lot on the www.
We are millions to agree with you but Apple wants things done its way and wants Adobe out of it. Apple has always taken pride in the fact that the OS' they make are security tight. So when they saw that Flash leaves users open they went all out to protect systems. But that's the official version. I'm not techy enough to know better...

Flash on iPad won't happen. Just try to deal with that and tell the site owners who'll listen to you to change their sites. :shrug:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, just wondering on adobe flash downloads there was an option for Mac/safari, so "Mac and flash don't mix" ? New to apple here, how did you guys surf without flash? Tons of websites run videos with flash, ways to get around this?

Flash is supported on the Apple Macintosh product line only but not iphone or iPad and it will never happen. I do not miss flash on the iphone and I will not miss it on the ipad and as others have stated you will have alternatives earlier than later to watch movies etc Netflix is an example.

cheers colin

OP
W

Wwbruins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you my friend, just look at iTunes and stores you can see how aggressive and exclusive Apple is. Well, I am just a sucker of this cute iPad, what can do:)

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard hulu may doing a work around the Flash business to bring it's content to the ipad, (I hope).

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Joke mode on
Wwbruins, i think you can solve easily the problem by selling you’re iPad
Joke mode off

franky speaking i hope to never see flash in my iPad or Iphone … i didn’t miss it many turnaround available

By the way you made my day with you’re question

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not pulling our leg?

Sorry about my reaction. I really thought you were joking and probably others around here too! Then I guess I'll have to be the one who tells you.

I thought he was joking too,especially since this was the most commonly cited complaint on the Internet fit the last 2 months. I thought he was just playing it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts