What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can mods/news people check before posting?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bunch of these news stories have been posted hours, days, etc before the news person/mod posts....then it leads to parallel discussions about the same things in different threads.

For example...at 630am my time this was posted:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/5209-nostalgics.html

Then 10 hours later this was posted by the news person:

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipa...-fashioned-typewriter-keyboard-your-ipad.html

I understand the title on the second one is/was better, but a 2 second search of the word typewriter shows that the topic was already posted.

There's been a few other examples that I can't quite recall off the top of my head...it's just that in the rules this is posted twice in all caps:

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
I promise I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, as well all at one point or another create a topic that has already been discussed...perhaps merging/moving of topics is more appropriate? Not sure what kind of admin rights you guys have, if you can merge topics or not...

EDIT: So I guess the point of this thread is, can we get some merging going on? I'd be glad to help merge topics if needed. :)

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I don't lose any sleep over anything internet related...it was just a suggestion

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@frosty

I think the mods are fine...just thout they could maybe use some more help

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that I can understand some frustration regarding duplicate posts and in principal agree with you however I don't think it happens a lot. Admin now has a new person whom does a great job in presenting the latest news however duplication is bound to happen just because of the size of the forum. I personally have merge several posts and deleted duplicates but that does not happen a lot. One thing that you may be unaware of is the time difference. When you you guys are sleeping I am awake and usually the only mod on line as we are 18 hours ahead of California west coast Its amazing how many spammers come in early am us time some times it's a feeding frenzy lol. I suggest you private message admin if you wish to apply for moderator position. As the forum grows we will need help yes that's a known fact. In the meantime I along with the other mods will do what we can to keep the forums clean

Cheers col down under

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. I can't remember a forum o have ever been on with so many people from around the world.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I agree I will post a thread to see what numbers are from what countries it should be interesting to see results. Having international members makes it more interesting as each country has it's own issues regarding Apple and ipads and iPhones as well. I read so much about AT&T it amazes me what problems users have. In Aus the ipads and iPhones can be purchased unlocked and can have prepaid or contract with service providers. We have have it easy as they say. Lack of wifi hot spots is an issue however that's just because we have only 25 million here oh i forgot plus 30 million kangaroos. Lol. At least macdonalds offers free wifi so. That's a start.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that much has to do with where it is posted. I posted about the typewriter for iPad in Accessories since I felt that was where it belonged. Someone else posted in News. I do a quick look to see if I am duplicating a post, but I do not look at all categories. The same is true with many of us.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We try and make sure the content is unique, but believe me it's tough! Sometimes we'll write the articles offline and by the time we get a chance to post 'em, someone else already has.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We try and make sure the content is unique, but believe me it's tough! Sometimes we'll write the articles offline and by the time we get a chance to post 'em, someone else already has.

I've actually done that a few times. One example, last weekend I started a thread on the email fraud attack on AT&T. When i finished posting my thread someone started one right before, so duplicate threads appeared. No harm done, people replied to both threads and as someone also suggested, it dosent happen often. I don't think it's a biggie.. dealing with the Spammers is another issue, they seem to be springing up left and right :confused:

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been offering my help for weeks with that

Most reactions

Latest posts