What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i JB ipad 4.3.5 using 4.3.3 firmware?

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am using redsn0w to JB my ipad.. i downloaded and updated it to 4.3.5... i read that in order to tether JB my ipad i must also download 4.3.4 to brows it in redsn0w... well.. can't i select the 4.3.3 firmware?? in my country it takes 11 hours to download this file so it's really messy...

BTW i tried using the 4.3.3... when i "just boot tethered right now" my ipad just get stuck on the pineapple logo...

thanks for the help guys

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, what kind of iPad are you trying to jailbreak? The iPad1 or the iPad2. Because the redsn0w jailbreak only works on the iPad1.

For the iPad2, the only version that can be jailbroken is iOS 4.3.3. And, you can't load that firmware on your iPad unless you have SHSH blobs saved for that (which you can't save anymore...you had to have them saved from before July).

Take a look at this sticky for more info: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Oh, and to answer your question, no, you cannot jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 using 4.3.3 firmware.

Marilyn

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm talking about ipad 1.. And i know that i cant update it to 4.3.3 thats y i had to update 4.3.5 sadly.. So the answer is no i cant jb ios 4.3.5 with 4.3.3? I should download 4.3.4 ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, you must download and have iOS 4.3.4 handy (for redsn0w to "point" at) in order for redsn0w to work. And no, iOS 4.3.3 won't work (that's not how redsn0w was written...).

Follow the steps outlined here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

...and you'll be fine.

Oh, and have you tried to download the 4.3.4 IPSW from our sticky here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Sometimes, it may be faster than going to the Apple site.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. Sorry for the confusion. You didn't say what version your iPad is ... and we get plenty of iPad2 owners who attempt this (or want to). Apologies for "lumping" you in with that group...

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure i'm downloading it now as we speak.. And no worries i've been with the iphone forum for quite a while and i know my way around those things :)
However you guys are the ones who i should always check with in order not to get stuck somewhere :)

Thanks

Most reactions