What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 4.3.5 jailbreak with redsn0w

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read up on the stickies and tutorials/how to's, but i'm missing something. I updated ipad1 from 3.2.2 to 4.3.5 and downloaded redsn0w 0.9.6rc19. I also followed the link to firmware 4.3.4 and downloaded that and extracted it to my desktop. When i run redsnow I cant find a single .ipsw file type. Not sure if i somehow downloaded the wrong file or am just looking in the wrong place?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You downloaded the wrong redsn0w. Read the jailbreaking methods sticky again. It links you to the beta redsnow required for 4.3.5 tethered jailbreak.

OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that may be the case. It was all the warnings on the Dev Team website about the beta ios5 that threw me off though. Thanks.

Its still not picking up .ipsw file from extracted zip of the 4.3.4 download. Not even registering that there is a .ipsw file in there. Is it normally in the dfu subfolder or in the primary folder?

Thanks,

Ash

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be on Windows and using IE, the worlds worst browser, yes? :)

It changes the extension of IPSW files to be ZIP. Either use another browser of change the file name back to an IPSW extension. DO NOT UNZIP IT.

OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You pegged it. IE and windows. I grabbed firefox and made it the browser of change. Forgive my ignorance, but how can i use that to change the already downloaded extension back to .ipsw?

Thanks

Ash

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can just use Windows explorer, but you will have to have the explorer view option set to "show extensions for known file types" in windows.
Otherwise, just download it fresh using Firefox.

Most reactions

Latest posts