What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB now Or Wait

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

Just got iPad 2 4.3.3 not Jailbroken yet, reason saving money to get a router haha.

Question 1: should I JB ASAP or its ok to wait again no funds for router?^

2. When the ipad 2 is JB what type of apps websites etc... Should I worry about I dont want to encounter problems or issue in the future ?

(Since there no way of saving the shsh 4.3.3 anymore, I dont want to download a apps or watever and need to restore back to 4.3.4 / 4.3.5 dont want to lose the JB )

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

First off, I made your question its own post - will get more eyes on it and it prevents you from breaking forum rules by going off topic in another's thread.

I say jailbreak! But, I don't understand why having a router makes any difference to that process, so maybe someone else can weigh in.

As for what apps and tweaks to use, there is a whole lot of info and opinions here in the Hacking section. Just start reading and you"ll see. The best thread to start with is our sticky for the best hacks and tweaks...

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, aren't I the slow one in the morning! You do need access to the Internet to go to the JailbreakMe.com website and jail break.

I knew that!!

Sigh...

OP
P

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank guys for the help :)

I'm using a slow crappy pc notebook, with usb modem and since I got a wifi only iPad I cant connect using the usb stick modem. I was thinking of getting router or myfi but that a diffrent story . Hope that clears things abit . :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I would go to a coffe shop or something and do the jaikbreakme.com thing.

Good advice there......it took me all of about 30 seconds worth of connection to JB my iPad! You won't even have enough time to blow the froth off your cappuccino!

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, just to add on: Once you've taken that little bit of time to jailbreak, you won't need an Internet connection for the jail broken iPad any more than you need it for a stock iPad.

Which is to say - yes, you want Internet connection (!) - but the jail break won't make the iPad run any different. It just gives you more options on using it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe you just got an iPad 2 and it had 4.3.3 on it, very lucky :) As far as installing tweaks, just make sure they are for the ipad. If you do one that is intend for iphone/ipod it can create issues and may result in having to perfrom a restore and you will lose you jailbreak. Enjoy!

OP
P

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ALOT Guys !

The only sad part is that the internet coffe shop I go to blocks website like jailbreakme.com Careful! etc.... But not a problem just find another place :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just about to jb but I get the message come back with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use jailbreakme.com ?

What am I doing wrong now ? Help !

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a duplicate question to your other post.

Please don't make duplicate or multiple posts on the same question. It's against forum rules and really makes it confusing for others to follow the "conversation." Thanks.

To answer here: Use Safari on your iPad to browse to JailBreakMe.

Marilyn

Most reactions