What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I get rid of books that are in "Purchased Books" in iBooks?

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got some (free) books from the iTunes store that I do not want to have anymore. I deleted them on my iPad and synced in iTunes.

The books have now disappeared from the "Purchased" section in iTunes but are still in the "Purchased Books" section in iBooks (with the little arrow in one corner, indicating that I can download them again).

Is there any way to get rid of these books in iBooks completely ... totally ... forever?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neartheredrocks said:
I got some (free) books from the iTunes store that I do not want to have anymore. I deleted them on my iPad and synced in iTunes.

The books have now disappeared from the "Purchased" section in iTunes but are still in the "Purchased Books" section in iBooks (with the little arrow in one corner, indicating that I can download them again).

Is there any way to get rid of these books in iBooks completely ... totally ... forever?

I'm afraid not. Your purchased list isn't stored on your iPad, but on Apple's servers.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
to me the only way that I had found was going to...

Settings>iBooks and turn off "Show All Purchases" this way that will not display in you iBooks tabs.

I hope this help!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
to me the only way that I had found was going to...

Settings>iBooks and turn off "Show All Purchases" this way that will not display in you iBooks tabs.

I hope this help!

Ha! You hopped over I see! :)

OP
N

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>iBooks and turn off "Show All Purchases" ...
Thanks. That's already much better. I also do understand that Apple, of course, cannot just delete a purchase history. But it would be good to have the option to let certain items disappear completely - kind of similar to being able on a Mac to hide certain available updates and not being bothered by them anymore. It is also not really making sense that the deleted books have disappeared from "Purchased" in iTunes but remain visible in "Purchased Books" on the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions