What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

archieved Kindle books

barb72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do I delete an archieved Kindle book from my iPad? I don't read a book a second time and by accident, I downloaded an inappropriate book, help! how can I get rid of it?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
barb72 said:
how do I delete an archieved Kindle book from my iPad? I don't read a book a second time and by accident, I downloaded an inappropriate book, help! how can I get rid of it?

If you srchive them they are not on your Ipad but on the Kindle server. I read the Kindle help and didn't find any way to totally delete a bought book. You may have to contact Kindle/Amazon to accomplish that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it is still listed on your Home page, swipe left across the title and tap the red Archive button that appears.

To remove it from your Archived Items page you will need to log onto your Amazon.com account and go to the Manage Your Kindle. It should appear as a tab under the search bar, after you go to the Kindle Store. Near the bottom you'll find a list of titles under Your Orders. If you have more books than listed and can't see your title use the search or next page options.

To the left of each title is a small plus symbol. If you click on that you get a Delete this title option, among others.

After you've deleted it you'll need to go back to your iPad, go to the Archive Items page and refresh it. That would be the recycle style icon in the lower right of the screen.

I don't guarantee this will work. I haven't tested it, and don't have any books I'm willing to delete just to test the theory. But I think it will do the trick.

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great instructions twerppoet... Now, does that mean if an item was read on the ipad, then moved to "archive" that the file itself is no longer taking up space on the ipad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Great instructions twerppoet... Now, does that mean if an item was read on the ipad, then moved to "archive" that the file itself is no longer taking up space on the ipad?

Yep, that's what it means.

Also note you have a Loan Book option in the same place as the Delete title. That means, even if you don't want to ever read it again you can still loan it; for two weeks once per friend. They will, of course, need to have an Amazon account and a Kindle or Kindle app.

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twerppoet, thanks. Not that I really have any books I've bought that I want to delete but I had a free one I tried and it works fine. I hadn't even thought of "manage your Kindle". I've found fewer and fewer books I've bought that are lendable unfortunately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Lend option has to be approved by the publisher and the feature is new. Selection of lendable books is sparse, unfortunately.

There are at least two startups that are creating book sharing clubs based on Amazon's lending feature. Hard to say whether this will spur growth, or cause publishers to shut down completely.

Most reactions

Latest posts