What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get the name of an books stored on iPad iBooks

mashoid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I store many books epub and pdf through direct downloads on my ipad into iBooks as well as copying over from iTunes. My problem is that when I view the books what I get a 16 char hex string instead of the file name using a file manager such as iFile. This is for books I copied to my ipad with iTunes. When I download book eg PDFs directly to my ipad via my iPads browser the naming is the correct file name but the files appear in the Purchases sub folder not the main folder like the books sync from iTunes.

This makes locating a book hard if i dont use iBooks itself. I have many books and would like to use an explorer like program to locate books by name Why does iBooks rename the PDFs and isn't their a program to be able to translate those names like the IBooks application does.

Most reactions