What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle New Books Download to Archived Section

appyrottie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

New to the forum, but have had my iPad since April 2010. I've been trying to find an answer to a Kindle question for quite a while now....have searched online, manual, this forum, etc. I must have missed it somehow if it's out there.

Apparently it's a normal thing to have newly purchased/downloaded books download from say Amazon into the archived "section" of the Kindle app. I have nearly 100 books in Archives, and while I know I can delete them from my Amazon account, I don't necessarily want to get rid of these books, I just don't want to search through them every time I make a new purchase.

Is there any way to have new books (not currently downloaded) show directly in the Home section? I purchase/download at least a few books at a time usually and I'm sick of scrolling through my entire Archive to find the new ones and move them to the Home section for reading.

Thank you,
Dawn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HIs there any way to have new books (not currently downloaded) show directly in the Home section?

No, afraid not.

Though you can search for them online at Amazon.com. Go to Books, Kindle eBooks then Manage your Kindle. The books can be sorted by purchase date. Clicking the plus sign to the left of the book listing gives you some options. One of them is Send Wirelessly To. Just select your iPad in the pull down menu and hit go. The next time you open your Kindle app on the iPad (and have internet) it will sync/download that book to your Home screen.

Best I can do for you.

Last edited:

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't it a good thing to have them in the Archive as they are then not on the Ipad taking up space? That way you only need to have loaded what you are really reading.

OP
A

appyrottie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DavidM said:
Isn't it a good thing to have them in the Archive as they are then not on the Ipad taking up space? That way you only need to have loaded what you are really reading.

So far I don't have an issue with space and it's usually only a few books at a time so not that much space really devoted to the "Home" books. I guess just a pain to keep track of the new and unread books or those I may want to refer to later in a large Archive. Might be nice if on Amazon I could choose to put Archive books in "limbo" somewhere....not deleted but not downloading to the iPad at all to keep things tidied up. I guess I'm out of the norm with this issue. :)

Dawn

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use Cloud storage or as I did get a Network Attached Storage. In conjunction with FileBrowser I can download any of the 4,000 ebooks in my library within a few minutes to the reading app of my choice. The difficulty will be to choose the most adequate way of archiving your library. Mine is classified by author.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts