What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calling with ipad2 3g

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try Spokn or talkatone to use iPad for making calls and also text

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Not to get confused of course, texting and SMS messages are 2 very different things.

Eer, no they're not.......

as is SMS is generally associated with mobile phones, where you can send a text to any other mobile phone on any other network (usually at a cost or via your contract). most texting apps mentioned here dont do that. they just cater for direct app to app texting.

Last edited:

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Talkatone with no issues at all. If my iPad rings and I don't answer the call forwards to my iPhone. The text I get on both devices!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whistle is a phone app that I use, It give you a phone number and is free. However you need to listen to an advertisement before the call completes. If you pay the subscription there is not adds.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Talkatone with no issues at all. If my iPad rings and I don't answer the call forwards to my iPhone. The text I get on both devices!
And it's FREE.
I'm trying to get it to VoIP to my iPhone as well as my iPad, but so far it always uses the cellular side. (The reason I'm trying for VoIP is that some of my travels take me to areas that have no cell service, but have wifi.)

Taichisaluki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Line2 3G thru AT&T data plan?

At home the best internet service I can get is satelite - not good for VOIP at all! I have the AT&T 3G data plan for my Ipad2 and was wondering if the Line2 uses the data plan for calls or is it an actual cell call? :confused: I am trying to figure out a way to use my Ipad2 as a phone using one of the Internet phone providers.
Pat

bukzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
calling with ipad

After you look over Line2 (AKA Toktumi)
take a look at VoiceCentral.

Many of the same features.

bukzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, seems that the Voice Central app is no longer in iTunes.

My wife has it on her ipad1 but I can't seem to find it for my ipad2.

No good!

Most reactions

Latest posts