What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is thr any free app available for iPad 3g to send SMS?

shovon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I bought my iPad 3G 32GB the day b4 yesterday. It came with an AT&T micro SIM. Since I'm in south-east Asian country, today I replaced that sim with a local operator's pre-paid sim. Now I need to send a SMS to activate my internet and I'll have to do this in every month. So, is there any way I can do that texting using my iPad, rather than everytime pull out that sim from ipad then insert it to a cell phone just to send a sms, and then put it back again in iPad? Pls. help. Thx in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I bought my iPad 3G 32GB the day b4 yesterday. It came with an AT&T micro SIM. Since I'm in south-east Asian country, today I replaced that sim with a local operator's pre-paid sim. Now I need to send a SMS to activate my internet and I'll have to do this in every month. So, is there any way I can do that texting using my iPad, rather than everytime pull out that sim from ipad then insert it to a cell phone just to send a sms, and then put it back again in iPad? Pls. help. Thx in advance.

The iPad cannot send text messages directly - i.e. originating from the number allocated to the installed SIM card. It does not have the necessary functionality. There are a number of third-party apps that can send text messages indirectly via the developer's website but I doubt whether this would work for your service provider, who probably wants to see a text message originating from the mobile platform using the SIM card.

So I'm afraid you'll have to pull the SIM card every month...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts