What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new....can you "sideload" an app?

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My company bought an iPad for me and my boss wants me to start learning some app development with the goal of developing a couple of apps for our company. It's a very small company (less than 100 employees).

Being completely unfamiliar with it, my first question I need to find out is if it's possible to sideload an app (i.e. put an app on my iPad that I've developed but is not in the App Store).

The reason I am asking is because she wants me to look at developing an app for just our employees or perhaps just one employee for their particular aspect of their job.

Sorry for the completely noob question....I am literally just starting out with this.

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are part of the developer program you can load apps onto your iPad/iPhone. As far as i know once the app is developed, your employees would either need to download from the AppStore, join the dev program or jailbreak their iPads. Apple is said to be working to make it easier for enterprise developers to deploy apps internally but, I don't think it's an option yet.

OP
E

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. That kindof shoots the "develop an app specifically for my CEO" or "an app just for our employees" thing in the foot. So long brownie points!

Guess we'll have to look at jailbreaking it if we want to do that.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
once you become an official developer and pay the $99 per year fee, you are then able to load your app onto devices.

without paying apples $99 yearly fee you can only run the apps in the emulator.

Most reactions

Latest posts