What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boston tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! The situation is quickly developing. Credit must be given to the authorities in the US for their swift reaction and intell gathering. I really cannot help thinking what the bigger picture is here. Two lone bombers hoping to make a name for themselves or any involvement of a larger terrorist organisation? I am sure all will be revealed at some time, we can but sit patiently and await the outcome.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to Sky News the perpetrators are brothers.

Although residents have been told to stay indoors the streets look busy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to Sky News the perpetrators are brothers.

Although residents have been told to stay indoors the streets look busy.

Hi Richard, yes, it appears that they have positive id's on them both. From local sources they have been in the States around 10 year. Quite a lot of detail is now known as we would expect. Still no motive but there is always the Islamic radical aspect due to the area they originate from. From past experience, the US authorities should soon have their man, one way or the other. All will no doubt come out in the wash.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brothers were both jihadists: Boston Bomber Posted Video on 'The Black Flags From Khorasan' | The Weekly Standard

They could be part of a larger terrorist network. If they can take him alive, maybe they can get some intel out of him.

No surprise there! This must have been monitored by the US security services and the intell would certainly have flagged up warning signs. All credit to them for being on the ball. Just a matter of time, unless the surviving brother has killed himself already. Unlikely, but possible. Unfortunately, he is more likely to make some sort of 'statement'. Time will tell.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW, my interest in this is purely selfish as we have a home in the US and my wife has relatives in Boston. We were due to visit later this year. :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad one of the suspects could be apprehended. Now, I'm curious as to whether this was the actions of a larger organization, or just two sadistic people...

Exactly.

Imagine the relief in Boston that he has been apprehended. Now lets hope some answers can be found as to why.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly.

Imagine the relief in Boston that he has been apprehended. Now lets hope some answers can be found as to why.

Just woke up to this good news. Now the authorities can start putting the pieces together. Boston can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to some form of normality. Hopefully, 'the shudder' (shoulda) squad will not begin the usual "why didn't they know this was going to happen, why weren't they identified sooner, etc. etc. and leave the authorities to get on with the task in hand. Well done, USA!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a thought, the Patriot Act is more than likely to be invoked, in a word, no legal rights and he will be off on his holidays at Guantanamo Bay!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly.

Sadly, no answers will make sense, because this was a senseless act. No matter your agenda, your cause, or your crusade, random violence will never make any sense, ever.

It's likely that these two losers had little worthwhile going on in their lives and were roped into something they were too stupid to understand.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly, no answers will make sense, because this was a senseless act. No matter your agenda, your cause, or your crusade, random violence will never make any sense, ever.

It's likely that these two losers had little worthwhile going on in their lives and were roped into something they were too stupid to understand.

Too true! Unfortunately, they may only be some of the pieces of a larger puzzle. A pre-revolution Russian general once said of Chechnyans that basically they would rather shoot than talk. Rather a broad statement but the region has always been troubled. Hopefully, enquiries will reveal the full picture. I still find it difficult to believe that these two young guys were acting totally without some sort of support network. Time will tell. On a lighter note, Boston police chief, Timothy Alben, where did he get that hat?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions