What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boston tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the UK is getting reports about the awful thing that happened yesterday in Boston,my sympathy to all.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just saw that too on TV, Ivy. I just don't understand the senseless hate happening in the world. You have a gripe about something? So kill innocent people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't understand it either,we're living in very worrying times.

rtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The strange thing, as far as I know, is that nobody, or group, has come forward to claim responsibility. I would have thought that if was a recognised terrorist group they would have let people know to gain as much publicity as possible. If it was a single perpetrator you would expect only one explosion but here was two. I expect time will tell.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes and hopefully the perpetrators will be brought to justice,just hearing that some Britts were caught up in too.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The strange thing, as far as I know, is that nobody, or group, has come forward to claim responsibility. I would have thought that if was a recognised terrorist group they would have let people know to gain as much publicity as possible. If it was a single perpetrator you would expect only one explosion but here was two. I expect time will tell.

Al Qaeda didnt actually admit responsibility for 9/11 until about 3 weeks after the fact, even though we all knew who did it. These psychos are going to end up forcing the western nations to go to a surveillance society.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Qaeda didnt actually admit responsibility for 9/11 until about 3 weeks after the fact, even though we all knew who did it. These psychos are going to end up forcing the western nations to go to a surveillance society.

At this point, the cops aren't indicating whether it's domestic or foreign terrorism, because they don't know and they're not assuming.

Remember, we've had homegrown terrorists like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, and Eric Rudolph, and the Unabomber, so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. The world is full of psychos, unfortunately.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Or . . .

Perhaps they are learning not to brag.

Bombers that strike and remain quiet must bother the officials more than those that strike and brag, leaving open the possibility that the investigators will gather onne more small bit of evidence. If I were a bomber, I would remain quiet and do it again. The boston tradegy--although gross and horrid--could have been made much worse if a bomb or bombs were detonated in front of those fleeing the scene or perhaps an hour later.

Very sad day indeed, but we will always have these problems. My fear is they will get much worse in scale.

That said, according to some statistics (perhaps the FBI stats on violent crime) violent crime is on the decrease. We tend to think the country is awash in violent crime because the same story is repeated so often, that is all we hear about.

I am waiting for the over reaction, if there can be such a thing.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Last night, I listened to a few "experts" talking about the devices were (possibly) encased in pressure cookers. Also reported was the fact that you can learn how to make bombs in pressure cookers by asking Mr. Google, as well as the fact that the FBI (or other group) actually teaches their students about pressure cooker bombs.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At this point, the cops aren't indicating whether it's domestic or foreign terrorism, because they don't know and they're not assuming.

Remember, we've had homegrown terrorists like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, and Eric Rudolph, and the Unabomber, so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. The world is full of psychos, unfortunately.

And the problem is those groups taking responsibility for acts they did not do. So much data and crap to filter, the investigators have a tough job to do.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And the problem is those groups taking responsibility for acts they did not do. So much data and crap to filter, the investigators have a tough job to do.

And virtually instantaneous results are expected these days.

On the news now, there are reports of a possible perpetrator identified on CCTV. Then a circuit board had been salvaged from one of the bombs.

What a sad day it was.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No arrest yet. Bad information spread, looks like. I'd rather cops do their jobs methodically and get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions