What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruising with iPad 2

Avista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will be on a 14 day cruise Boston to Tampa with stops at many of the islands. I know I can use my iPad in Boston and Tampa, but what about the islands? I have wifi and AT&T 3G. On the ship I suppose I will have to keep it in airplane mode. Hate to be without internet for 14 days. I know I can pay for ship's wifi, but it is very expensive.

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ur right it is very expensive. use it when u can but as far as trying to use the cruise's wifi it just isnt worth it imo.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What? Cruise ships charge for WiFi? That is outrageous. All that you pay to go on a cruise and the want more for wifi. I wouldn't go. Screw them!

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
What? Cruise ships charge for WiFi? That is outrageous. All that you pay to go on a cruise and the want more for wifi. I wouldn't go. Screw them!

As we are frequent travellers with Cunard we get free Internet usage on their Pc's, but they still charge if we want to use wifi.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went on a cruise last year with a laptop and 120 minutes of WiFi cost $75!!! I had to make it last for seven days. And of course the connection was not that fast so just checking email took several minutes each time just to get connected.

wug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You right, wifi is really expensive on cruise ships but if you get the compo officer and give him a case of beer, you will get free wifi durring your cruise.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Download a bunch of books and enjoy reading. Besides on a cruise you should be doing cruise activities, not playing with your Iphone or Ipad. If you are a repeat customer on Princess Cruises, you can use your own devices for free or you can use their computers.

Most reactions

Latest posts