What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth speaker

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a bluetooth speaker that has an AC power supply and doesn't cost a small fortune. I'm a disabled vet and have a little workshop in the basement and can not get a radio signal...probably because there are no windows. My daughter gave me a Jam Audio bluetooth speaker that worked well, but it is a portable one and I let it charge overnight...I evidently fried it. I really need one that I can leave plugged in all the time. I don't want to bring my ipad in the shop because it's a wood shop and I don't want to take a chance of ruining it with sawdust. I would prefer one around 20 or 30 dollars, as that's about what I can afford.

Thanks for any advice...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Pauley - you're unlikely to obtain a new decent BT speaker for the price you quote above (of course, you could search on eBay for a used model) - but just check Amazon, there are plenty of options w/ many somewhat more expensive.

For myself, I've traveled w/ the BT portable unit below (Monster Clarity) - about $50 on Amazon - uses a USB adapter for battery charging and power - you can obtain an AC- USB adapter (which I use 'on the road') - the quality and level of sound in a hotel room is quite good - works for me.

Also keep in mind that BT is a 'short range' wireless technology meant to be used in the same room; if your iPad is in another room, transmission may be poor. Good luck - Dave :)

611Xx2nK8FL._SL1500_.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts