What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inateck BTSP-10 Bluetooth Speaker review

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inateck BTSP-10 Bluetooth Speaker review
I have occasional travel with my work and so I am a big fan of portable music speakers. They are easy to pack and usually offer far better sound than the standard hotel options or the anaemic sound you get from a phone speaker.

I've reviewed a few different products from Inateck but this is the first speaker I have tried. It's a little bigger than some of the other portable speakers I have tried but not by much and I think that gives this particular model an advantage; it's still very portable but manages a more powerful sound than I was expecting.
In the box is the speaker, a micro USB cable, a 3.5mm audio cable, carry bag and a user guide.

The BTSP-10 feels sturdy and well built with unusual hexagon styling across most of the unit. It measures in 16.5 x 7 x 5 cm and 372g. On top is a Bluetooth/action button beside volume up and down buttons. On the right end, there is an auxiliary input socket, an on/off switch and a micro USB socket for charging. It features a 1,500mAh rechargeable battery that is good for up to 10 hours of Bluetooth playback depending mostly on playback volume or double this using the auxiliary cable connection.
An issue with small portable speakers is that they don't offer any real stereo separation as such and this afflicts the BTSP-10 to some degree too although it is still better in this regard than the majority of portable speakers I have tried.

Audio performance for such a relatively small speaker is actually quite strong, this is where the slightly larger dimensions come into play. Output power is rated at 3 watts which is perfectly adequate for a small portable speaker; it gets loud enough for most environments while remaining composed at all times but in use it genuinely sounds louder. The housing contains two 1.5" drivers as well as a bass radiator. While this won't have you shaking the floor boards, the bass comes along with a surprising punch and sounds meatier than any of the other portable speakers around this size that I have tried. The whole cabinet comes alive as you crank up the volume giving further confirmation of the bass being delivered. Naturally though, this will for the most part be paired with compressed digital music over a Bluetooth connection, but it really is a very capable performer indeed. If you are looking for some kind of true HiFi experience, no speaker unit this size is going to deliver it but the inclusion of APT-X support helps provide a range and clarity that you just wouldn't expect from such compact proportions. Vocals are well defined and crystal clear and the bottom end has a nice presence with a solid thump and genuine warmth while lacking any boominess or sounding flat. Treble again comes across well, the top end is every present but never sounds harsh or tinny.
As this unit also features speaker phone support, the action button on top can be used to accept and end calls. Due to the clarity of vocals, calls come through very clear and the included microphone seems to pick up voices very well.

The BTSP-10 is a distinctive speaker and comes well packaged. There are cheaper options out there and there are more portable speakers too but this is probably one of the best all-round packages for size and importantly, audio quality I have tried. It seems a little on the pricy side compared to some alternatives but you get what you pay for and this speaker from Inateck delivers a great audio punch and should be considered by anyone looking for a quality sound from a portable package.
I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Port...nateck+speaker

More details at http://www.inateck.com/inateck-btsp-10-bluetooth-speaker/

Video review:

Attachments

• Inateck BT Speaker 1.jpg
    Inateck BT Speaker 1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Inateck BT Speaker 2.jpg
    Inateck BT Speaker 2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Inateck BT Speaker 3.jpg
    Inateck BT Speaker 3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Donka - thanks for the excellent review - just $80 on Amazon USA - for the last few years, I've been using the Bluetooth Monster ClarityHD portable speaker below on my trips - small footprint (2" x 3 1/8" x 4 3/8") - sound is excellent (at least for a hotel room) but the compactness eliminates any stereo separation, although 2 speakers are present.

I like the longer length of the Ianteck BTSP (6.5" x 2.8" x 2"), possibly a 'better' stereo effect (hard to say w/o doing some comparisons). I recall paying about the same amount for the Monster speaker, and would not want to go much higher for a travel speaker (I've left these several times in hotel rooms over the years). Dave :)

39810916.jpg

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I've actually tried the Monster Clarity HD before and like the sound. From what I recall, the Inateck definitely has slightly better stereo separation as that was one of the things I noted when testing it but it still can't compare to a true stereo system that is either wider or has separate speakers.
The Inateck is probably about as large as I would go for a portable travel speaker.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I've actually tried the Monster Clarity HD before and like the sound. From what I recall, the Inateck definitely has slightly better stereo separation as that was one of the things I noted when testing it but it still can't compare to a true stereo system that is either wider or has separate speakers.
The Inateck is probably about as large as I would go for a portable travel speaker.

Hi again - yep, I agree that the 6" dimension would likely be a maximum for me 'on the road' - I just put in an Amazon order for the Inateck speaker - I exercise on my basement treadmill and listen to CDs on an old boombox - just bought an iPad Air 2 and have put over 100 hrs of MP3 music on it and also have hundreds of Amazon CD purchases that I can stream w/ the Amazon app - SO, I'll give this new speaker a try there and do some comparisons w/ my Monster speaker. Dave :)

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would be good to get your impressions side by side.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Would be good to get your impressions side by side.

Hi again Donka - well, the Inateck speaker arrived - like the sound and although portable not as compact as my other speaker - I did some comparisons - at top volume, both put out about the same loudness (which is fine for a single small room like in a hotel), however the Monster Clarity has some 'harshness' vs. none in the other; now I've noticed this before, so usually will not run at full volume. Also, there does seem to be 'some' separation (listening to an old '50s mono jazz sax album streamed from my iPad).

As to cost, on Amazon USA, the Monster speaker is about $20 cheaper (but has been D/C) - bottom line recommendation - both sound fine for their size; the Monster is more compact and less expensive, but the Inatack is quite portable and produces a somewhat better sound at high volumes - BUT, in a blind A/B comparison, I might not be able to tell the difference? Dave :)

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Dave. Good to get someone else's thoughts on a product. I am liking these portable Bluetooth speakers.

Most reactions

Latest posts