What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portable Bluetooth Speaker / Speaker Phone!

clopez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the market is totally saturated with hundreds of portable Bluetooth speakers, it is so much that is sicking and it makes it hard to select which speaker to buy. I have heard the Jambox it sounds good but not loud enough, I heard the pill it sound better then the Jambox but still not loud enough. Right now I am debating between the JBL Flip and the DEMOCRACY Revolving Bluetooth speaker. I heard the JBL flip at best buy and it sounds great but then I found this brand DEMOCRACY which makes a Bluetooth speaker that has a built-in 3-way revolving systems which allows a person turn the sound in 3 directions which seems to be very cool. I don't know how the Democracy sound but the design is supper cool. Has anyone tried it?

Please help, i would really appreciate some feedback.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm,i have no idea ,too.Waitting the right answer

Well Guys, there really is no right answer, i.e. too many options, variables to consider, and $$ to spend - if you really want some specific suggestions, then please define your personal needs - do you want BT speakers for travel, do you want the sound to just fill a small room, or do you want enough noise for a party? For myself, the use BT travel speakers to produce enough sound in an hotel room - my current 'travel' speaker is pictured below - less than a $100 - sounds quite well for my needs when traveling - certainly not useful for a boisterous party - THUS, tell us what you need in sound production? If you need to entertain and want a LOT of noise, then easier to just cable the iPad into a AUX port of a real stereo system - let us know. Dave :)

731918.jpg

gadgetfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with giradman, there really are no right answers. It all depends on your needs and options that are important to you an how much you want to spend. I've heard of all the brands that clopez mentioned and most of them are out of my price range except for the last two, the jbl flip and democracy. The democracy speaker seems cool cause of the swiveling speaker it offers, this improves the sound quality of the speaker because it allows you to aim the speaker directly to your ears. No other portable bluetooth wireless speaker on the market can do this that I know of. It also has a built in mic for conference calls, and the battery seems to last about the same as the competition. It looks like a very small speaker and I like the color assortment it comes in. I have decided to order two for my kids (white and pink) from ebay, can't beat the price, I'm getting two democracy's for the price of one jambox.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two small Jamboxes, which I rarely use now. I got a jumbo Jambox with rewards points and am always using that now, because it's so loud I can hear it even while I blow dry my hair. I love that, so I can keep listening to my audiobooks uninterrupted. We also use a jumbo Jambox at work for presentations sometimes, in a room setting.

Most reactions