What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Speakers

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Bluetooth Speakers that would work with the iPad. I like to listen to Streaming Internet Radio or Podcast while in the shower but I don't like to have my iPad in the bathroom (moisture from the steam).

I saw a few on ebay and Amazon (cheapo's) but not sure if they would work or not.... Experiences?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have one of these, but it looks pretty neat!

31BeZ14YzkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IS2636/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0A4GZTKRBA0RZHAM0WM2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

It looks like the iPad won't dock directly to the base unit, but apparently you can hook up any audio source using a standard stereo audio cable.

Last edited:
OP
I

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have one of these, but it looks pretty neat!

31BeZ14YzkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Wireless Waterproof Shower Speaker With Dock Transmitter --- Connect Your Radio, Ipod Touch, iPhone, Ipod Classic , Ipod Nano, Ipod shuffle, Sandisk Sansa, Creative Zen Or Any MP3 Players: Electronics

It looks like the iPad won't dock directly to the base unit, but apparently you can hook up any audio source using a standard stereo audio cable.

Oh, you did one better as its waterproof. I added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Thanks.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRS-BTM30-Bluetooth-Wireless-Speaker/dp/B000OQHCTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279247006&sr=8-1"]Sony's SRS-BTM30 Bluetooth speakers[/ame]. I use them with my iPad and my iPhone without issue. They work well without any dropouts like I have experienced with some Bluetooth headsets that I have tried. They also work on battery or wall power.

My only complaint is once you get out of range of the speakers you have to reconnect to them by going to Settings>General>Bluetooth. It's not a big deal, just a little inconvenient.

As far as the cheap speakers you have seen on Amazon, theoretically, any Bluetooth speakers should work.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that doesnt look ipad compatable. just iphone/ipod
It says it will work with what looks to be just about any MP3 player so it must have some sort of audio input jack... somewhere... and so it would probably work with an iPad with an appropriate cable.... maybe.

jimlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Bluetooth Speakers that would work with the iPad. I like to listen to Streaming Internet Radio or Podcast while in the shower but I don't like to have my iPad in the bathroom (moisture from the steam).

I saw a few on ebay and Amazon (cheapo's) but not sure if they would work or not.... Experiences?

Not sure about streaming int radio but using it Bestbuy rocketfish stero bluetooth headsets which work great with ipad and ipod.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not sure about streaming int radio but using it Bestbuy rocketfish stero bluetooth headsets which work great with ipad and ipod.
In the shower???

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP said he wanted Bluetooth speakers for his bathroom so he could listen while in the shower. I don't think the speakers have to be in the shower with him though ;).

OP
I

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP said he wanted Bluetooth speakers for his bathroom so he could listen while in the shower. I don't think the speakers have to be in the shower with him though ;).

Correct, they don't have to be in the shower, just in the bathroom. I saw that insignia has a bluetooth speaker and thought about purchasing it off ebay.

I have a two pair of Insignia bluetooth headphones and the range on those things is excellent (it's atleast 100 feet with walls as I can be downstairs in my dining room and the iPad is in my bedroom with the door closed).

Rush2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blue Tooth Speakers

I found a blue tooth speaker at fry's electronics from a company called Spracht the speakers are Aura Blunote. They are both battery and A/C powered. They sync very easy and while I wasn't expecting much from them they actually sound pretty good and volume is decent. The only complaint that I have is you can't control the volume with the iPad you must use the speaker. But they are small and compact great for travel, so far very happy for $69:)

bruce24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used these BT speakers over the past couple of years they should all work fine.

Sony SRS-BTM30, size of a small boombox, AA batteries.
Altec Lansing inMotion SoundBlade, thin panel speakers, AA batteries.
Sony Ericsson MBS-100, rechargeable battery, shaped like a 4" ball.

OP
I

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used these BT speakers over the past couple of years they should all work fine.

I'm assuming you used them with your iPhone?

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a set of bluetooth speakers that I can use for my Ipad and My Ipod touch? I have the latest Ipod. I also like quality speakers!!!!!!

bruce24

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm assuming you used them with your iPhone?

I've used them with various phones and laptops.

Most reactions

Latest posts