What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bible formatted well for iPad?

Fatfreek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's iPad seems to be very good as a reader -- we now get Little Rock's Democrat Gazette every morning before our hard copy is delivered in its box near the road.

Now she wants a copy of the Bible ready for the click. Her hard copy is the KJV, red letter edition. I downloaded one of perhaps scores available but there seemed to be no way I could save it, like to a PDF format. There also was no index to Bible books, chapters, etc.

Hey, this is all kinda strange to me since I've been a PC person since the early 80's. There's probably one out there that is formatted for a reader like the iPad but for me, finding it is like a needle in a you-know-what.

Any suggestions?
Len

cadams05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must try Olive Tree i use the esv but it is available in most versions. Its not cheap but its by far the most inclusive app study bible i have found.

OP
F

Fatfreek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded on from Here:
Bible HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

At 1.2 Mb or so. The icon on iPad shows complete but when I click on it a page displays a blank page with "YouVersion" in center of page. That's it.

Does this mean I've only download the app and not a bible also?

Len

IPadCFO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Bible vs the Bible HD and it works great. I did try to download the Bible HD and had he same problem.

OP
F

Fatfreek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, for your tips. This is a great community.
Len

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ye.
I was looking for the Bible in the Original Holy language - Couldn't find any.

Supahrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ye.
I was looking for the Bible in the Original Holy language - Couldn't find any.

Original holy language? Not exactly sure what you mean, but Olive Tree has Greek and Hebrew available (the original languages... Again, not sure what you mean by "holy language")

Take care,
Rob

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bible HD

I just downloaded on from Here:
Bible HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

At 1.2 Mb or so. The icon on iPad shows complete but when I click on it a page displays a blank page with "YouVersion" in center of page. That's it.

Does this mean I've only download the app and not a bible also?

Len

I believe you must be connected online in order to use this particular app, but it's my favorite one so far.

Bible HD by life church, powered by you version, is the one I have on my iPad.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Peled, that is why Scott is one of our SUPERMODERATOR

If you are looking for the Tanach in Hebrew, this is probably the best app out there --
Totally Tanach - the Hebrew/English Bible for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Its not cheap (by app standards) at $9.99, but it is worth it.

Thanks.
That's what I was looking for ( Not for me though)
I was making a search in iTune but never figured out that the name will be an Hebrew name with English letters "Tanach" in hebrew is "The Bible"

He is one of the BEST!

Most reactions

Latest posts