What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best word processing app?

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to write some papers for school, and need a word processor app. Right now Pages lacks features, but is it the best? Or will it become better later withupdates? I want to make sure im getting the best for my money.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think if you are looking for features that most people want in a WP, Pages will eventually have them and they would most likely be a free update. I doubt that Apple will ever let a better WP into the app store. They have let competitive apps like the Chrome browser in, but they aren't any better...

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages is the best, by far. I've tried out several and none compare.

Out of curiosity, what features do you think Pages is missing? It is pretty full featured and can do almost anything you can do in Pages on a Mac - including exporting documents directly to MS Word format, and you can transfer documents via itunes file sharing on your computer.

For writing papers, it's a gold mine.

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Google Docs? I started using it in college and it works pretty well. It is online so you can access and work on your doc from any browser (iPad, laptop, desktop at school), so no need to worry about syncing if you are using more than just your iPad. It's also great if you do group work since everyone can easily access the same doc. Oh and it's free :)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have been using documents to go since the Palm Pilot days. Just got the ipad update, and I am pleased. I think it is the best office solution for any mobile device. The support of cloud (I use Dropbox) is flawless.

I have been waiting for the update for the two months I have had my iPad.... As I said, I am very pleased, and it is going to get even better.....

OP
E

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. When you buy pages, doesnit get added to your bill? I have only bought one other thing, a 3rd party racing game, and that directly charged my paypal account. But recently i get this "your device does not support paypal" thing, and Pages did not get my PP account charged.

EDIT: well, 5 minutes before posting that I apparently got charged through paypal. A little bit late there, about 6 hours too late :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts