What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best word processing app

Klew721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad today and was wondering what the best word processing app is. I saw that pages is free for those who buy a new iPad, but say that it was getting poor reviews.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. I would prefer not to spend money but if in have to the limit would be $5.00.

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got my iPad today and was wondering what the best word processing app is. I saw that pages is free for those who buy a new iPad, but say that it was getting poor reviews. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I would prefer not to spend money but if in have to the limit would be $5.00. Thanks.
Hi, Klew721! Welcome to iPF!

Although Pages has poor reviews, give it a try first. Maybe it'll fit your needs. Since the update to iOS 7, it's been improved. Some features were added to it, which make it easier to use, imho.

There's also CloudOn, an app that allows to create and edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint files. There's a free and a paid version.
Another app would be "Open Word Processor". I can't tell you exactly whether or not it's within your $ 5.00 limit.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WPS Reader is only available on OS (Mac), not iPad (iOS).

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try the free Quickoffice as well.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, Klew721! Welcome to iPF!

Although Pages has poor reviews, give it a try first. Maybe it'll fit your needs. Since the update to iOS 7, it's been improved. Some features were added to it, which make it easier to use, imho.

There's also CloudOn, an app that allows to create and edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint files. There's a free and a paid version.
Another app would be "Open Word Processor". I can't tell you exactly whether or not it's within your $ 5.00 limit.

Pages is $9.99...

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts