What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad case

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my "second generation" Moleskine-style case from Treegloo. Awesome barely begins to describe the various improvements they've made to their product since my first case.

Detailed review to follow soon in the other Treegloo review thread.

djrose1506

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I used used the Dodocase and the Pad and Quill one I finally found the best one... Germanmadepunkt! G.1 Stand Case!

The stand is awesome and it fits just perfect. I ordered the brown leather version and in each and every business meeting I have people start asking me questions on the case.

It´s not cheap but it´s definitely worth every single buck!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I used used the Dodocase and the Pad and Quill one I finally found the best one... Germanmadepunkt! G.1 Stand Case ...
It´s not cheap but it´s definitely worth every single buck!

Yeah, the price was also the first thing which caught my attention, too, although I don't usually mind paying a bit more for a quality product.

If I were still in the market for a Moleskine-style case, I think the dealbreaker for me on this one would be the four studs (are they screws? rubber bumps?) on the back of the case. But that's just me.

gordonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Logix Road case (I think...). It looks like peel ply carbon fibre and has some slots for business cards. It's actually a little heavy compared to others, but it's holding up well. The thickness of the edge, though, makes it a litle awkward when I'm trying to set up for a bit of typing when I don't have my keyboard. I also have a leather Icon one. Both are actually very well made.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an incipio feather case for my iPad and its very good. Comes with screen protector and lint free cloth. I have one on my iPhone and thats the reason I went for one again. I also bought a belkin zip up pouch to keep the iPad in.

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For scratches you can't beat a clear protective adhesive material (many brands) that adds no bulk. I then bought the Incase Jacket at the Apple store for transport to protect the screen. Thin, light and (not that it matters) good looking. Also allows you to stand the Pad up for viewing. As apparent from the posts there is no "perfect" case as each user's needs are different. Brookstone and Apple Store's have a wide range of options available.

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the blue leather (yes real) Casecrown case ,Amazon for $24! I read all reports lurked all maker sites before I decided to take advantage of the good price. I was ready for the "it can fall out the open end" complaint . I knew I could put a tiny Velcro sticky dot between the iPad and the case on back but I've had the case for a month and it hasn't moved without it! The other gripe was size of opening at vertical top...after a few days of use the iPad settled down into case and fits perfectly.It's light and classy love it!

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the Oberon case with the IPad 2. It seems to work fine and certainly provides better protection than the smart cover

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the Oberon case with the IPad 2. It seems to work fine and certainly provides better protection than the smart cover

Given that iPad 2 has a camera on the back and 33% thinner, it's hard to see how any case designed for iPad 1 would work with 2.

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well of course I could not use the camera function without removing it from the case. However as far as what's really important to me and that's protection of my investment it works really well. I didn't purchase it for the camera but if I need to use that function I will just use my smart cover. The smart cover is really not that great for protection while traveling to and from my office with the iPad in my purse. The back will surely be scratched over time.

thoenig2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gadgetfreeway.com
Try a case/bag from Gadgetfreeway. It is a case and a bag that looks like a courier or Indiana jones bag. The front flaps opens so you can use it wile you are carrying it. I was relieved to know it fits perfect for iPad 2. Big sale going on now.

Tom Hoenig, Gadgetfreeway, Tapatalk

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked Amazon to see if they still had my Casecrown leather flip case, they do in black, but I was appalled to see them advertising them for iPad 2 as well........NOT! Perfect fit for 1 but a fall out nightmare for 2 and of course no camera hole. But for 1 it works very nicely .

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well of course I could not use the camera function without removing it from the case. However as far as what's really important to me and that's protection of my investment it works really well.

To have to remove the device from the case to use the camera would be an instant design fail, and I suspect I won't be the only one who'd feel that way. I'm an Oberon customer as well, and if they are indeed as reputable and quality-oriented as their past products have proven, I would expect nothing less from them than a fully-functional compendium which will fit the iPad 2 to perfection and not compromise on the rear camera port.

Most reactions

Latest posts