What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best stand case (mostly for on my stomach)

forkyfork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a stand case for my iPad 2, and there are quite a lot of them. I plan to do a lot of lounging in bed with my iPad, and I like to rest it on my stomach. My first priority is something sturdy that will NOT shake a lot when typing or pressing on it. I tried to the apple smart cover, and while it props up, when I put it on my shaky stomach it falls wobbles a lot. I also tried the Targus portrait/landscape case, and that one works well, but it is awfully thick and I'm hoping I can find a better one.

Saw a few cases on Amazon but got easily confused. Wish they had more to choose from in the apple store :(

Smart cover capabilities would be nice, but are not absolutely necessary. Any help you can offer would be great.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a stand case for my iPad 2, and there are quite a lot of them. I plan to do a lot of lounging in bed with my iPad, and I like to rest it on my stomach. My first priority is something sturdy that will NOT shake a lot when typing or pressing on it. I tried to the apple smart cover, and while it props up, when I put it on my shaky stomach it falls wobbles a lot. I also tried the Targus portrait/landscape case, and that one works well, but it is awfully thick and I'm hoping I can find a better one.

Consider the handy Bweasel iPad stand. On the web site is a link showing a person using a Bweasel iPad stand in bed. In fact, I am writing this post while in bed using my iPad and a Bweasel stand. It is how I start most every day. It is very stable and a pillow, if preferred, can be used as a lap desk, but I just set it on my lap or hang it over my bent knees. Special pricing now available.

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to try the Joby Yogi. You can prop your pad in any way or form. You can even hang it from strange places. The case protects the pad and is very thin. The legs are also detachable and can be attached in portrait or landscape mode. I am using it now lying down in bed with my leg crossed and the pad hanging from it(if you can picture that).

OP
F

forkyfork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to try the Joby Yogi. You can prop your pad in any way or form. You can even hang it from strange places. The case protects the pad and is very thin. The legs are also detachable and can be attached in portrait or landscape mode. I am using it now lying down in bed with my leg crossed and the pad hanging from it(if you can picture that).

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up the Yogi and it seems like it would be great for my needs, so I ordered one and am trying it out now. I noticed all your posts are about the Yogi, so I'm curious if you work for the company ;)

I plan to post a video review of it once I put it through the test.

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL! No I do not work for them or have any affiliation with them. I was just frustrated at all the cases I tried which were the apple smart cover, the otter box defender and a couple other ones. I thought the defender was just too bulky and the stand took up a big footprint. The smart cover was just good to cover your screen. The viewing angles were minimal and the support was flimsy.
I happened to stumble on this case/stand at a retail store but it was for the first iPad. It was not available till about two weeks ago so I jumped on it. I am very happy with it and still find new places to prop or hang my pad.
I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Most reactions

Latest posts