What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

pinkiwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• imp37b__6_.jpg
    imp37b__6_.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 459
  • sfff.jpg
    sfff.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 332

pink23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For general home and office use, I purchased a leather smart case

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noodles118 said:
I bought the Survivor "Military" case for the new IPad, and even though I love the case as a whole, the only "issue" I have with the case is due to the fact that because the unit gets a bit warm to the touch after a while, combined with the fact that it's completely encapsulated within the Survivor, the IPad screen seems to develop small "pockets" of an oily residue on the screen. Not oily in the true sense of the word, but rather a type of residue whereby the unit has to be taken out of the case to be wiped down, then re- inserted. Possibly, the cause of this may be due to the fact that I have a ZAGG protective shield on the IPad screen itself, in addition to the clear protective shield of the case. Maybe it's too much protection vs the amount of heat the unit radiates from within. Not a problem whereby it blocks your viewing pleasure of games, movies, etc, just aggravating. Any other Survivor case user here notice a similar type issue with their case? Thanks, in advance, for your reply/feedback.

If its the rainbow look your seeing thats actually just lighting reflecting off the protective screen. Fluorescent lighting will cause the swirly effect. As for heat issues, mines never gotten hot in my case and I use it non stop. I do think though having a zagg on while in the griffin case is a bit much.

Have you dropped yours yet? My buddy asked how strong the case really was the other day and for some unknown reason i got brave enough to toss it to the ground. I immediately took my pad out to examine it and thank god there wasnt a single scratch or issue what so ever. Im really impressed with the survivor case thus far.

Edit: wow i just realized i quoted an almost 7 month old post lol

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Grove case with a bamboo back and a black leather cover with the Nebula design arrived about a week ago. Technically, it's my third Grove case.

The first I bought over a year ago and I loved to death. When a stain on the front cover bothered me, I bought a new one but I hated the color of the London Tan leather and I was unenthusiastic about the new design, so I returned it for a complete refund. But when I dropped it and chipped and cracked the bamboo back cover a few months later, I decided to replace it with the only case I've ever liked.

Aesthetically, I'm completely satisfied with the case, and the new design introduced for the iPad 3 that also fits the iPad 2 has won me over, but there are two problems related to its functionality that may disturb others:

1. When the front cover is folded back so that it rests at on a slight incline on a surface, the Home button is on the left and that's slightly awkward for right-handed people like me. Since I rarely use a front cover as a stand, this is only a minor complaint.

2. The magnet's not strong enough to shut the front cover completely, so the iPad lock/unlock feature is useless. I've adapted by switching to manual and set the iPad to automatically lock after 2 minutes for times I forget.

The company is great and I'm sure I could return it for another given the nature of the second problem, but I've adapted to both functionality issues.

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone suggest a nice authentic leather case/stand? I like the angles of zoogue, but I'm not liking that the Velcro is on the front which doesn't look good. I may have to settle for that one and seems like the best choice. I like my incipio, but quality is this cheap fabric material and gets dirty and won't last long. I'm not looking for a sleeve as I c there are plenty of nice leather ones. Thanks!

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new case for my iPad2. I would wast a keyboard but also be able to fold that back and hold the pad in my hand. The closest I have found is the Kensington KeyFolio Pro2. I'm currently using a iFrogz; it's very nice but no built in keyboard.
[h=1][/h]

oleyellabuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the smart case? I realy like it but the fit was off.Is it just me or do they not fit right?

It's not just you. They really don't fit right. Think about it - they're meant to cover the entire iPad and are compatible with the iPad 2 and the iPad 3. But, the two versions are not equally thick. So of course the fit is going to be off for one of them.

I gave up on the whole smart case idea and just go with a smart cover plus a Caudabe Shell hard clear cover on the back. Looks a heckuva lot better (in my opinion) since you can see the back of the iPad through the cover. And it's more protective since it's an actual hard back rather than the flimsy material used in the smart case.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too! I want an orange Skin Case Back Cover. Anyone know where I can buy this? Thank you :)

Most reactions

Latest posts