What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

avoid removal of icons

janneman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm configuring an iPad for public use. Removed all icons and added a few bookmark-icons on the springboard that launch iCab in Kiosk-mode. So far no problem.

Is there a way to make these icons read only, so users can't remove them from the springboard?

Thanks in advance!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Hi,

I'm configuring an iPad for public use. Removed all icons and added a few bookmark-icons on the springboard that launch iCab in Kiosk-mode. So far no problem.

Is there a way to make these icons read only, so users can't remove them from the springboard?

Thanks in advance!!

Yes you can use the iPhone configuration untility that apple provides on their website to create a set of icons or shortcuts and set them to not be removable without a password.

BirdGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How?

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!

How did you remove all the icons? Including the ones that came with the iPad? I'm trying to do the same thing, some help would be much appreciated!!

We only want to have Videos, Safari, & Photos available on the iPad. Possible?

Many thanks!
Kris

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app called iprotect that will not allow opening of your choice of apps without a password. But sb settings is easier. Just make sure that you give sbsettings an activation that is hard to figure out. So people don't screw things up

OP
J

janneman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mAdvLock can also be used to password protect SBSettings and all other apps. Because hidden apps do show up in the search results.

Most reactions

Latest posts