What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icons reset when organizing SpringBoard - Springtomize nor Springboard works

lllDreadChiclll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having an issue with my first generation jailbroken 4.3.1 iPad randomly resetting on me when I am arranging or moving apps. I have my iPad set up with 4 pages each containing about 3 folders each. Sometimes when I move an app it will reboot and then my Springboard is reset. Hours of work wasted because Springboard nor Springtomize restore icon features will work. I even removed Springtomize and Springboard and replaced the IconState.plist and IconSupportState-____.plist files to the one I had backed up and they seem to get overwritten when I respring. I even tried removing IconSupport and any packages needing it with no success. The only way I can get my layout back is to restore from iTunes. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can think of is that you have a tweak on there that is not designed for an iPad (maybe some stray iPhone coding). Compare your installed tweaks to this list (http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html) and see if you've got some not mentioned in it.

Else, give us a list of what you have installed and we can hopefully see the "offending" tweak right away.

Then, once you ID the bad tweak(s), you'll have to uninstall them to make your iPad behave.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Search Cydia for 2 fixes which prevent this... They both start with the text "Bug Fix". One is for Duplicate Icons and the other is for Stuck Pages. Once these are installed you should not run into the bug any more unless you have a rogue iPhone tweak on there which is breaking springboard, like Marilyn suggested.

Most reactions

Latest posts