What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Springboard thinks it is an iphone instead of an ipad!

LuC1F3R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wifi only ipad( first gen, 4.3.1) jailbroken. I didnt have any problems until i installed "lockdown pro" from *** EDIT ***. The installation was finished and i had to reboot the device. When it turned on again, there was a big problem. The springboard now uses iphone keyboard and the icons arestrangely arranged. I cant use any application including settings and the rest of them. I know i can just update to 4.3.3 but since there is yet not an untethered jailbreak for it, i was hoping i could avoid doing that. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wifi only ipad( first gen, 4.3.1) jailbroken. I didnt have any problems until i installed "lockdown pro". The installation was finished and i had to reboot the device. When it turned on again, there was a big problem. The springboard now uses iphone keyboard and the icons arestrangely arranged. I cant use any application including settings and the rest of them. I know i can just update to 4.3.3 but since there is yet not an untethered jailbreak for it, i was hoping i could avoid doing that. Thanks in advance

My guess is that the app on that repo is not an up to date version. ;) since lockdown pro is a paid app. If from the official repo you would be notified if your iDevice was compatible. And version 4.3.3 is not out. If you are referring to 4.3.2 which has untethered JB.

Btw ~ title is a little confusing...:D

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lockdown Pro is not an iPad app, it is iPhone only. AND DON'T BE A PIRATE!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pkchainsaw said:
I've got the same prob and I DON'T have any cracked apps.

Then you have something imstalled which is not compatible. The only way we can't help is if you provide details of what version iOS and that you have imstalled from Cydia.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wifi only ipad( first gen, 4.3.1) jailbroken. I didnt have any problems until i installed "lockdown pro" from *** EDIT ***. The installation was finished and i had to reboot the device. When it turned on again, there was a big problem. The springboard now uses iphone keyboard and the icons arestrangely arranged. I cant use any application including settings and the rest of them. I know i can just update to 4.3.3 but since there is yet not an untethered jailbreak for it, i was hoping i could avoid doing that. Thanks in advance

Dude a iPhone is a iPhone.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just gonna say that I don't understand the title of this thread. I shall fix it.:D

Should it say: ....instead of iPad?

Maybe change it to, "Springboard thinks it's an iPhone instead of an iPad" :)

OP
L

LuC1F3R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry about confusing title and a few mistakes i made in my post(i wrote 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.2)...since im from serbia, my english is not exactly perfect :) i actually found an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.2 so i solved this issue. Anyway, thanks for your advices but i couldnt launch absolutely anything(mail,safari,settings,any game etc.) so i wasnt able to just uninstall the application...thanks anyway :)

Most reactions