What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a new MEMBER??? PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome aboard. It it broke get your daughter to buy you a new one [emoji106]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello RQSSM! welcome to iPad Forums. If you have any questions or problems we're here to help. Do you live near enough to an Apple Store to visit? The Genius Bar can diagnose your iPad for free to see what problems it may have. If there is a hardware fault, they'll quote a repair cost but the iPad 4 is up to 5 years old and upgrading may be a better option if a repair is required.

FilthyLJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie here! Nice to meet everyone :)
Already found plenty of useful information on your forum. Nice job

rsparis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to forum been using ipad in my law practice for years. Particularly happy with the app “Case Manager”

rafresol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hola,
Soy nuevo en este mundo del Ipad,tengo desde hace poco un Ipar Pro 2020 y encuentro dificultades a entender el foncionamiento.Intento instalar una aplicacion musical y no hay manera.
Primero instale el Google Chrome pero tampoco, el programa es el Staffpad .
Voy intentar seguir el forum,gracias a todos vosotros por vuestra preciosa ayuda.
Por el momento oidio el Ipad.
Un cordial saludo.
Rafresol

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hola,
Soy nuevo en este mundo del Ipad,tengo desde hace poco un Ipar Pro 2020 y encuentro dificultades a entender el foncionamiento.Intento instalar una aplicacion musical y no hay manera.
Primero instale el Google Chrome pero tampoco, el programa es el Staffpad .
Voy intentar seguir el forum,gracias a todos vosotros por vuestra preciosa ayuda.
Por el momento oidio el Ipad.
Un cordial saludo.
Rafresol
Welcome to iPad Forums!

It’s not possible to install apps via browser.
Use this link to get to the App Store:
‎StaffPad
There, tap the price to pay for the app and install it on your iPad.
Hope that helps.

Joey D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is everything apple difficult? I have an ipad, I'm looking in the files app for a folder that says "photos" or "gallery". The photos app shows them. Why are they not in the files app? They are files on my ipad. That's only one thing that makes no sense.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Files app on the iPad and iPhone do not work the same as on a computer with a centralized file system that’s accessed by other apps and programs. There is more sandboxing involved which restricts how apps can interact with each other. Here is an Apple help document on how to use the Files app. Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why is everything apple difficult? I have an ipad, I'm looking in the files app for a folder that says "photos" or "gallery". The photos app shows them. Why are they not in the files app? They are files on my ipad. That's only one thing that makes no sense.

It can be confusing. You cannot “see” the Photos from the Files app, but you can share photos from Photos to Files.

With the Photos app.open:
1. Tap “Select”
2. Tap on the photos you want to share.
3. Tap the Share Sheet icon.
4. Tap “Save to Files” and pick the target location, then tap “Save”

IMG_7707.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

P.S. The file browser in Documents by Readdle will allow you to “see” the Photos albums, but you still have to use the Share Sheet to copy them elsewhere.

Last edited:

Zephaniah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.
I found a lot of interesting content that might help and this seems like a cool community so I decided to register.

Most reactions