What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Windows.

I can't get on good terms with Mac, the way it handles photos, urg. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to access them without iPhoto.

iOS is fine for me now, as there is a lack of alternative tablet OS's, but for desktop's I wouldn't want to use a Mac. Someone in my family has an iMac, so I have lot's of time to use it and while it is a well-rounded device, especially hardware wise, would I not accept it's restrictions, given the choice.

Last edited:

Inpurple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Windows.

I can't get on good terms with Mac, the way it handles photos, urg. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to access them without iPhoto.

iOS is fine for me now, as there is a lack of alternative tablet OS's, but for desktop's I wouldn't want to use a Mac. Someone in my family has an iMac, so I have lot's of time to use it and while it is a well-rounded device, especially hardware wise, would I not accept it's restrictions, given the choice.

Thanks for your viewpoint. My Windows machine is relatively new, and I do love my photo stuff, so I have time to check out the pros and cons.

ArtqueenJO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a recently converted Mac user, and I love it! I use Photoshop and Bridge on it, along with a Wacom Intuos graphics tablet, and am teaching myself how to get started with digital art. I purchased an iPad 2 (won't be here until Monday :D) to use in class as a teaching and grading tool for my students. Working in Windows for my job keeps me from getting too full of myself! Ha!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
both, have to use a windoze pc at work, also have a dell inspiron mini 1010 at home, then I bought a Macbook Pro, and haven't looked back since.

have used windoze pcs/laptops for a long time now, and although they allow you to customise a lot more than apple do, they also give me headaches more than apple stuff, so nice not having to deal with drivers! bsod (blue screen of death)!

the ideal pc/laptop would be the child of microsoft and apple :)

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Windows.

I was the same way, until I let go of my control freak tendencies and trust iPhoto. It hasn't let me down yet.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
matt_90036 said:
are most people in here Macintosh users or windows users? i am curious if apple managed to reach people with their iPAD device outside of the mac community. iOS does not count as a mac user. i am just trying to see how many windows users are in this forum and how well this device is adopted by people who are not familiar with macs.

Definitely Windows for my work pc and laptop. I do love my I toys though, iPad, iPod touch, iPod classic.

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess you can say I love my apples!

Attachments

• image-668327944.png
    image-668327944.png
    592.9 KB · Views: 152

lok222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a network engineer and I support mainly windows systems, servers, cisco switches, all ms stuff for os

At home.. It's all apple :D

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows for me... :)
I like my apple gadgets like iPod classic and iPad, but for computers i think mac is a bit overpriced..
Should i ever use mac i think i would just install iOS on a regular computer to save some money :)

Most reactions

Latest posts