What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Chalicemedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chalicemedia.com
While the iPad is a nearly perfect tool for many things, I have, ind will continue to use a number of Windows devices. Most important for me is the ability to use a wide variety of enhancements, peripherals, and software.
I can reconfigure storage, graphics engine, HIDs, and communication options in minutes, if not seconds, and have the ability to buy thousands of products from hundreds of high-quality manufacturers.

It's not always easy to do, but I can almost always find a component that is not manufactured behind The Great Wall of China, in factories where people don't have to jump from a roof to escape their jobs.

floydp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cigarasylum.com
Main computer is a Macbook Pro 13" attached to a Dell 22" monitor. Windows 7 on 2 desktops. Macbook in the bedroom. A very old Dell laptop with Ubuntu that I like to try different flavors of Linux on. Ipad 2,Ipod Classic and my wife has a Nano for her music.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows on kids n my laptops, husband has an iMac for work and now IM loving my iPad I haven't used pc other than for pictures to sync or to use iTunes plus parental controls lol

iKersh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both - my mum, dad and younger sister use Win 7 64bit, I use a MacBook Pro 15" running Snow Leopard and my 3 day old iPad2 + a media center running Win 7 :)

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For flexiblity and performance I prefer windows i suspect that's only b/c I don't know how to put together a crossfire setup or a sli setup hackintosh.Plus windows just more convenient for pc gaming and upgrading for more juice. Bottom line: less compatibility issues with hardware imho equates to better reliablity.

Bookwormtoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac as of 2 years ago but still have a windows laptop that gets booted every few months to keep it updated.

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows in our household it is. We do have a couple of iPod Touches and iPhones (3G and 4), too. And now my iPad2. Never bought into the Mac movement.

Just like Linux. I do have a couple of laptops running that, too, so nobody can blame me for not at least trying. Haha!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Except Windows on a Mac. ;)

Yep! Ordered the new top of the line 27in iMac, with upgraded processor, memory, and graphics......and a copy of Windows7 for the games I can't play on Mac!

Most reactions

Latest posts