What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I am an Ubuntu user since 2004. Windows is used at work or in some specific cases. I'm not a gamer so this is not and issue for me. For the last 3 years, my work laptop was running Ubuntu to avoid the craziness of Vista. What was funny was that colleagues would come to me to fix their windows laptop using my Ubuntu cd.

But now that I have tasted apple products, next computer will probably be a Mac. Yep, they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for! Really impressed by the iPhone and iPad.

Seriously, thru all the gadgets/devices I bought, that's the first time I keep using and enjoying my iOS devices daily, even after a year and a half. Palm, PSP, electronics agenda, etc... They all lost my interest after a few months. But with iOS devices, they are just part of my daily routine as my phone, my tv, my fridge. I think I got spoiled. :)

VicoPad addict!

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand this "either you love or you hate apple" stuff. I don't like OS X but I love the Ipod, Ipod touch, Iphone and Ipad. I want a Mac now just for the iOS SDK. I am a developer and would like to try some iOS development.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Legion93 said:
You know what they say... once you go mac, you can't go back! hehehe...

I tried them twice. Just couldn't get into it.

64GB 3G White iPad

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I am an Ubuntu user since 2004. Windows is used at work or in some specific cases. I'm not a gamer so this is not and issue for me. For the last 3 years, my work laptop was running Ubuntu to avoid the craziness of Vista. What was funny was that colleagues would come to me to fix their windows laptop using my Ubuntu cd.

But now that I have tasted apple products, next computer will probably be a Mac. Yep, they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for! Really impressed by the iPhone and iPad.

Seriously, thru all the gadgets/devices I bought, that's the first time I keep using and enjoying my iOS devices daily, even after a year and a half. Palm, PSP, electronics agenda, etc... They all lost my interest after a few months. But with iOS devices, they are just part of my daily routine as my phone, my tv, my fridge. I think I got spoiled. :)

VicoPad addict!

Yeah, there's no thing such as a Windows Restore Disk (You'll have to make it yourself). As far as I know.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Any standard Windows CD/DVD comes with a set of repair tools. I always use them, if Windows refuses to boot.

The windows gods must shine upon you. I have never in my life of using windows had a "repair" actually work for me. It usually entailed a reformat and reinstall. Sorry for my digression.

iJades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a Windows 7 user but use Mac OS X on VirtualBox so if I ever need to run something only for Mac, such as the iOS SDK then I can.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:
The windows gods must shine upon you. I have never in my life of using windows had a "repair" actually work for me. It usually entailed a reformat and reinstall. Sorry for my digression.

You have to know simple dos commands.

64GB 3G White iPad

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:

Unless you have a PC with Windows build in. They have recovery partitions but the question is "are they actually trustable or actually working or helping?".

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use mac,but now for my job, i use windows more often. Both are my favor though.

Inpurple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always Windows, until I tasted the iPad!
Next time there's a renewal on the horizon, I shall be more than tempted to change!

Most reactions