What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

InspectHerGadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own Apple TV, an MBA11 2013, iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6S Plus and Apple TV, a Surface Pro 4 and a Windows Desktop.

I still use Windows 10 on the Surface Pro 4 as my day to day device as I need to use Windows software and also I quite like having a powerful computer with the ability to write notes in OneNote but run all the software I need to run. I've given up on considering Apple OS X for my main computer. I have a Windows desktop too with an overclocked six core processor and about five drives in it as I do a lot of photo work using Lightroom.

The MBA my wife uses although I did have it as my work computer for mobile computing for a few years. I like it a lot but I also like the Surface, love it in fact mainly as it does everything i want it to do and it does it well.

I like Apple stuff though and the iPhone is great as is the iPad Pro. I think Apple though are dreaming if they think the iPad is any closer to replacing OS X or Windows 10 for most people and may well have painted themselves into a corner. My 2 cents.

NewYorkEagle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm more of a Windows user. I have an Acer Veriton with Windows 10 installed, which I got for Christmas in 2015.

zohaali146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a Windows user from the start yet i have many people in my circle you praise mac a lot and often advice me to buy a mac book or something.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Windows machine with 8 installed it's about 3 years old. Always have done, no idea why though.
This one has English and German installed my other 2 do not, and are running Windows XP

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MacBook Pro user, I never ever would go back to Windows.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my vote was as a 'Mac User' but I never left a post on reviewing the thread - SO, I've lived in both worlds at different times. In 1980, our first computer was an Apple II+ w/ a second floppy drive (like shown below) and a $500 Hayes modem which allowed me to checkout my X-ray reports @ home via the dialup modem - that combination cost me $3000 then (or nearly $9000 in today's dollars!) - of course, this was on my fringe account - Susan thought that I was crazy, but after buying 'Peachy Writer' and an Epson dot matrix printer, she was in 'heaven' - plus, our 7 y/o son was enamored and is now an IT guy in Indianapolis.

In the mid-80s, my medical center decided on PCs, so switched to a clone running MS DOS and ended up w/ a LOT of Dell PCs at work and at home - thus, a DOS -> Windows guy for 25+ years - retired in 2011 and by early 2013, dumped our Dell PC w/ Windows XP and completely migrated to Apple products - now own an iMac, MBPro, MBAir, 2 iPads, & one iPhone 6 (used by Susan); also, an AirPort Extreme router - many reasons for changing but one was certainly getting RID of AV software. We have not looked back. Dave :)
appleii-system.jpg

mikedejong31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a windows user at home, but a mac user at work. The transition was really strange in the beginning, but you get used to it after a few days!

barbdvegeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually use both a mac and a windows user. my personal pick? windows. why? do not ask. because the choice, it is so obvious. present the obvious reasons? i do not want to start a lengthy conversation where ill need to answer to mac fanboys owo. so yeah windows so far has been my go-to. albeit that win8 lol whew.. that was.. just NO. and except those win10 weird ass updates yeah windows is my thang

TabletGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a Windows user and have nothing against Mac, just never got into it because of the lack of software in the past. Macbooks have a strong reputation for quality build and battery life. macOS is very puzzling to me though but I heard it hardly freezes or crashes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
3 PCs..Windows Vista, 8.1, and 10 (hate that one)....Desperately wanting to play with the Mac OS, but no opportunity to do so...just for the experience. L
My oldest Windows computer runs Windows XP and my oldest Mac runs Mac OS X Panther.

Most reactions

Latest posts