What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there problems with keeping iPad plugged in?

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably a really dumb question, but I don't know the answer.

TIA....and please be gentle with me.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand, it's fine to keep it plugged in all of the time. With old electronics it was better to allow the battery to fully discharge on a regular basis but that is no longer necessary. I listened to a recent tech show with a guy named Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte and it was said keeping the battery charged all of the time is actually best with new electronics. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will chime in here and confirm this with an explanation..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
Leaving it plugged in and battery maintenance are two different things.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

At least one full discharge per month and then a complete full charge to keep your battery condition is recommended by Apple. See the link I provided.

AFAIK the only purpose for a full discharge/charge cycle once a month is to allow the battery meter to recalibrate itself and not a requirement for conditioning the battery.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts