What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my First Ipad and Need Some help Re Connectivity

shetland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post so be gentle. I have just got my first Ipad, a 4g Gen 3. I have a couple of questions I can't find the answer to. How can I connect an SD card to it and how do I read word and excel documents.

Last edited:

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My first post so be gentle. I ahve just got my first Ipad, a 4g Gen 3. I have a couple of questions I can't find the answer to. How can I connect an SD card to it and how do I read word and excel documents.

I don't think you can connect an SD card.

Docs will open in ibooks I think.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first post so be gentle. I have just got my first Ipad, a 4g Gen 3. I have a couple of questions I can't find the answer to. How can I connect an SD card to it and how do I read word and excel documents.

The only way to connect an SD card to the iPad is with the camera connection kit. It can, however, only be used to import photos and videos from a camera's SD card.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way to connect an SD card to the iPad is with the camera connection kit. It can, however, only be used to import photos and videos from a camera's SD card.

There are other ways including the Apotep Wi-Reader, using the Wi-Reader opens up whole new opportunities as it can be used for other file types.

The Archangel

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How does the wi-reader work?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are other ways including the Apotep Wi-Reader, using the Wi-Reader opens up whole new opportunities as it can be used for other file types.

The Archangel

This is one of those personal cloud storage and streaming devices, isn't it? Are they very expensive?

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one of those personal cloud storage and streaming devices, isn't it? Are they very expensive?

Yes, it is that kind of thing. They have a range of about three or four different models ranging from the one I posted which also doubles as a travel router to higher end models which are capable of recharging your iPad on the go. Mine cost me £25 (about $41 Canadian) on special offer, but the normal price was £75 although I'm sure that is being discounted.

I think that even at £75 it is a bargain for what it is.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts