What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple unveils iPhone OS v4 April 8th!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-os-sneak-preview.jpg

Engadget.com reports that Apple will be holding an event April 8th to show off a sneak peak of the next gerenation of iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch Operating System. This news is almost unbelievable, as many expected we wouldn't hear anything before this summer. The live broadcast will take place at Apple's Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino at 10:00 PST. Multitasking, iChat Video Support, what else do you think we'll see!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The unveiling of the 3G ipad with OS v4 preinstalled. Followed by the immediate delivery to all 3G pre order customers via overnight courier. I can dream can't I?

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, how awesome would that be! It would sure make waiting easier if you knew it was coming with the latest OS.

The unveiling of the 3G ipad with OS v4 preinstalled. Followed by the immediate delivery to all 3G pre order customers via overnight courier. I can dream can't I?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

That would be awesome. I expect OS4 to have at least basic multitasking.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dream all you want - but please share what you're smoking :D

It would be nice for those of us who had to sloth our way through this last weekend to get some kind of special 'goodie' out of all of this!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has a habit of doing this. Its all about timing they decided to release the ipad first as the upgrade was not ready its "one more thing" . So it will be only a matter of time before it is released. I understood it will be like expose on the Mac but lets wait and see. colin

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad the event is scheduled just a few days away.. In the past Apple seems to scheduled these types of announcements months in advance.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they're changing from OS 3.X to 4.0 then I would assume that there are a few biggie things - probably the pseudo multi-tasking type app that I think someone was describing earlier in the thread.

Now since I've bought the 3G and it comes with 4.0 - my assumption is that I be treated like those that bought the wifi models and I receive the next major upgrade free.

Personally I think they should have labeled this 3.5 and sent it out as a fix release. That is what you should do with a new type of software and hardware platform like this.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping they will add the ability to send multiple photos (attachments) from within the email app.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was really happy to see that it's coming so soon after the iPad release. Hoping for task switching and background music operations (ahem pandora)...should be interesting to see what is in store!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping they will add the ability to send multiple photos (attachments) from within the email app.
There is a work around to attach multiple pics. It is not ideal, but works.
  1. Open photos app.
  2. Find the picture you want.
  3. Tap and hold on the picture.
  4. Choose copy.
  5. Close photos app
  6. Open mail app.
  7. Paste picture in email.
  8. repeat

hamletpri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad the event is scheduled just a few days away.. In the past Apple seems to scheduled these types of announcements months in advance.

Totally agreed mate. I just want to find a way to get invited to one :D

Most reactions

Latest posts