What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

cabinets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zoofan... I would be willing to bet your dad is still on the list and she overlooked him. This happened to me. They could not find me on the list and I immediately drove there. Then, in front of me, they pulled up the list and there I was. By that time, 4th on the list.

zoofan1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resolved

Of course we had the email, but she believe us. He got a call back this morning, they are holding a 32 gB +3G for him. This isn't what he ordered, but it was the best they could do in the 24 hours. He is going to drive out today and pick it up, I'm hoping he'll be able to pick mine up as well (fingers crossed.) She said they have 'probably enough' to fill my order. I'm hoping if he goes there and says hey look I'm here, i want my 16..blah blah blah. I won't lie, they really helped him out a ton here. Obviously they lost him from the list, but I'm glad they resolved it, and pretty quickly.

tsowaiman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved my ipad last Sunday in store and got an email for pick up this morning.

I believe store reservation is much faster than online order.

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put one on reserve the day before I ordered it online. I've now received the one I ordered 2 days ago and still haven't been notified on my reservation. My 2 cent's, don't bother.

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put one on reserve the day before I ordered it online. I've now received the one I ordered 2 days ago and still haven't been notified on my reservation. My 2 cent's, don't bother.

Well wouldn't you know it. I post this and now I've just been notified my iPad is available at the local store. So about 3 days longer this way vs ordering online.

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the archives: reserved 5/10 and picked up 5/25 (15 days) for a 16GB 3G at the Rockaway NJ store.

I'm not a patient man but in the end it allowed me time to get some other items like the Power Support protector and a case in hand before taking the iPad home. So far I'm loving it!

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just reserved my 32 GB WiFi only model last night. How long do you think I have to wait? I'm dying and it's only day 1!!

cpilger28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed my reservation on the 25th for a 32gig 3g iPad with no iPad yet but I did just receive this email which is just a tease but hope that they didn't lose me saying "Your moving up the priority list, thank you for your patients" and talks about them getting in regular shipments and I'll soon be up for mine!

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed my reservation on the 25th for a 32gig 3g iPad with no iPad yet but I did just receive this email which is just a tease but hope that they didn't lose me saying "Your moving up the priority list, thank you for your patients" and talks about them getting in regular shipments and I'll soon be up for mine!

did you place yours at the biltmore location? i did and i did mine 8 days ago and i havn't even gotten an email telling me thanks for my patience. hmmmmmm

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now there sending out hope emails??? Great. So that pretty much means your getting close but your not quite there yet. Let me go check my email....sighs as there are no new messages.

cpilger28

iPF Noob
Reaction score

did you place yours at the biltmore location? i did and i did mine 8 days ago and i havn't even gotten an email telling me thanks for my patience. hmmmmmm

Yea I did on the 25th

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'M dying! I'm sooo impatient. Do you guys know if the list is longer in small cities or large cities? I'm in a very small city.

GeekGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geekulous.com
I'M dying! I'm sooo impatient. Do you guys know if the list is longer in small cities or large cities? I'm in a very small city.
I'm not sure but I would think you would get your iPad sooner in a small city. In larger cities you have much longer reservation lists, but then again they probably receive more iPads per shipment. On the other hand, depending on how far the next nearest Apple store, if you have a lot of people on the list at a smaller store that's most likely receiving smaller shipments, you may have a longer wait ahead of you.

For what it's worth I put myself on the reservation list in Roseville, CA on May 22 and still haven't heard anything. From everything I've been reading on here I'm thinking I'm looking at another week's wait. Good luck! :)

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Here in Georgia, In the Apple store inside the Mall of Georgia, the reservation only takes 2-3 days. I can go and reserve for somebody but when they e-mail me, I have no way to pick it up lol. If you know someone in the area, i'm sure they can scoop it up for you if you wire them the money in advance! Then get it mailed to you.

Most reactions

Latest posts