What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recieved my "Your reservation has been made email" but all of a sudden it just delete from my inbox. Does that mean I won't recieve the "Your iPad is ready" email

GeekGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geekulous.com
I recieved my "Your reservation has been made email" but all of a sudden it just delete from my inbox. Does that mean I won't recieve the "Your iPad is ready" email

Doubtful, once Apple sends you an email confirming your reservation it means they have you on their list. I doubt they would make the effort to go into your inbox and manually delete the email. Most likely it was deleted on your end. You can always call the store to double check - a word to the wise, when you're calling to check if you're on the list try to call at "off-peak" times, you're more likely to get a friendly store representative who may, if you're super nice, tell you where you are in line. :) Good luck

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed my reservation on the 25th for a 32gig 3g iPad with no iPad yet but I did just receive this email which is just a tease but hope that they didn't lose me saying "Your moving up the priority list, thank you for your patients" and talks about them getting in regular shipments and I'll soon be up for mine!

did you place yours at the biltmore location? i did and i did mine 8 days ago and i havn't even gotten an email telling me thanks for my patience. hmmmmmm

Yea I did on the 25th

I'm thinking we chose the wrong apple store to reserve our ipads at. its been ten days now since i reserved mine and I havn't heard anything yet.

thbalance09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed my reservation at the Nashua, NH store on 05/21 and picked up on 05/31. Very pleased with the purchase :)

weatherjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks.. just reporting in on my status. I reserved at Tice's corner in northern New Jersey (Woodcliff Lake) on 5/24 and got the pick-up e-mail today, so that's 8 days. The pick up e-mail arrived at about 1:00 PM eastern time. Even better, they actually had the apple cases in stock, which shocked me, as I had heard the wait on those was pretty long.

By the way.. I reserved the 32GB WIFI + 3G

lummers13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checking in from the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Reserved a 64GB 3G over the phone on 5.23 and I just got my email today 6.1 so I'm going to pick it up!

Looks like the average wait time is 8-12 days?

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine only took 3 days and i absolutely love it!!! I'm typing this on my iPad!! Got the iPad,a Bluetooth keyboard,and my macally case and I just love it.

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reserved a 3G/64GB at the Apple Store (SoCal), they said there is a long list and it could be 2 weeks, but check my email. We'll see. My 16GB is too small to hold all the photos albums I want to have on it.

GeekGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geekulous.com
Called the Apple store this morning, the customer rep said that they're quoting 1 week to people who put their name on the list within the past couple of days. I got on the list May 22; "Great", I thought, "I'll be getting mine any day now", to which the customer rep replied, "1 week from today, for you too". Grrrrr...I guess I picked the wrong store to put my name on the list.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine only took 3 days and i absolutely love it!!! I'm typing this on my iPad!! Got the iPad,a Bluetooth keyboard,and my macally case and I just love it.

You are under 3G thread not the wifi reservation thread. We are seeing wifi only times are much quicker then 3G+WiFi. Overall it seems that wait times for 3Gs is about 10days giver or take a couple. At least this hasn't drastically slowed by International Sales!

zoofan1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

Just a little update here...Reserved 16gb + 3G on Wendesday May 5 and still nothing. This is getting a little crazy...I'm in westside of Cleveland, OH...just can't believe it's been this long, don't normally expect something so disheartening from Apple......

GeekGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geekulous.com
Well I finally got my iPad. Well worth the wait! :)

For the records:
Reservation Location - Roseville, CA
Reservation Date - May 22
Receipt of email confirming iPad was ready for pickup - June 2
Total wait time - 7 business days

For what it's worth, when I went into the store to pick up my iPad I asked the customer rep about their ability to see where people are on the reservation list. She said staff were actually able to see the entire reservation list for their store, however everyone who makes a reservation for any type of iPad is on the list, making it difficult to count out how many people are in line ahead of you for the specific model you have reserved. So it is possible, it's just that the employees have neither the time, nor desire to wade through the entire list to give you a rough estimate. This is probably why we're seeing some people on here saying they're able to find out their position on the list and others aren't. My best advice for someone really wanting to find out where you are on the reservation list is to call at off-peek hours (if there is such a thing at an Apple Store), this may increase your chances of a friendly customer rep taking their time to figure out approximately how much longer you have to wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting, believe me it is well worth the wait.

Most reactions

Latest posts