What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Ripped Me Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL like everyone else has been saying, your fault for not doing research. And no, asking an employee is not considered "research". Thier job is to sell as many of their products as possible and that is exactly what they did. Maybe you should go calm down or something, cause you are too mad to reason with. We are not brainwashed fanboys/Apple employees. I welcome you to post this same thread onto another forum and you will get the same response. Consider this a lesson that cost you $100. And you should be glad that it only cost you $100 to learn a valuable lesson.

Last edited:

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the device is still in very good condition you could perhaps try taking it back and ask them to replace it for the new iPad, saying that you weren't aware a new iPad was on it way. You may get lucky, or they may ask you to add a little bit of cash.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not trying to be personal, but your reaction is becoming childish. If you haven't started looking within yourself at this stage, you will never see that the problem is yours alone. A lot of people bought iPads for Christmas, knowing they would soon be last year's model. I have a grand niece who turned 11 in January. She got an iPad2 because her parents decided not to wait until the new one was released, but I did help them find the best buy possible at the time. I suspect that your attitude went a long way in the store deciding not to give you a break. They are intelligent to know when giving a break will result in a satisfied customer, and when it will never be enough. They are given just a few freebies for that purpose, and they want to use them for the customers who will appreciate it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Not trying to be personal, but your reaction is becoming childish. If you haven't started looking within yourself at this stage, you will never see that the problem is yours alone. A lot of people bought iPads for Christmas, knowing they would soon be last year's model. I have a grand niece who turned 11 in January. She got an iPad2 because her parents decided not to wait until the new one was released, but I did help them find the best buy possible at the time. I suspect that your attitude went a long way in the store deciding not to give you a break. They are intelligent to know when giving a break will result in a satisfied customer, and when it will never be enough. They are given just a few freebies for that purpose, and they want to use them for the customers who will appreciate it.

This subject is childish. Expecting Apple to replace our accidentally damaged iPad for free and stomping our feet when it doesn't happen even if they offer us a discount. If you are lucky enough to get a new device it's a beautiful thing, a discounted device still great. Count your blessings and cut your losses. I would close the thread if I were a moderator.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....I suspect that your attitude went a long way in the store deciding not to give you a break. They are intelligent to know when giving a break will result in a satisfied customer, and when it will never be enough. They are given just a few freebies for that purpose, and they want to use them for the customers who will appreciate it.

People just don't get this - but it is true. I've had much more success asking for breaks when asked as a big favor than with a you owe me attitude. It doesn't always work because sometimes the sales person has had a bad day and they are just in no mood to be nice. In which case I just don't deal with them anymore.
Personally, I refuse to do anything for people if they are dicks, not just to me - but if I see them being dicks to anyone.
Captain, I hope you don't think I was aiming that at you. I actually have no idea how you talked with the staff, but I was just saying.

ilaila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't agree with you at all. The store probably doesn't even know when the latest and greatest is coming. They are there to sell you what you ask for. It is up to you to do your research. You messed up but now you are blaming the store and using inflammatory statements such as "Apple ripped me off". Sorry buddy but nope ... they didn't rip you off at all. You asked for an iPad 2, right? You got it, right? Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions