What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking forward to joining the forum

nbaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy the I Pad 2 when it will ship with IOS5 installed. Presently, I have an IMac G3 or G4 purchased (don't know which) purchased in 2003 with operating system 10.1. I just got a DSL line and Wi-Fi installed two weeks ago and find while I can receive e-mail with the Mail program, I cannot send e-mail as there is no place to enter the outgoing mail port number for my ISP provider. This is prompting me now to purchase the I Pad 2 as with IOS5, as I will not need a more modern computer to manage it with ITunes. I tried downloading I Tunes to the Mac and that doesn't work either. I'm hoping that after Wednesday the I PAd I order from the Apple store will come with IOS5. I've had the I Pod Touch for two years and I love it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
N

nbaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all who sent good wishes and advice. My IPAD2 arrived yesterday! I made a bit of a problem for myself, by generating a second Apple ID, I was able to use the Apple Store with my old ID and account, but I haven't been able to access the cloud or the TV programs I've purchased with the first Apple ID and account. I saw that there was possibly a way to use the two IDs, but it looks complicated. Can anyone give me some advice?

Most reactions

Latest posts