What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Case - Am I the only one?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - so I got my iPad on the first day - and I now have 5 cases for it. I currently have:

- Marware Ecoview
- CIMO gel case
- Belkin rubberized case
- Dodocase
- Apple standard case

Each time I put a new case on my iPad I end up, within a few days, going back to the Apple case. I guess it's because of all of the negative press I've read about the case on this forum - I'm beginning to think I'm a defective person.

I love the feel, look, flexibility and form factor of the Apple case. The ease moving from typing / landscape to standing up. How it makes the iPad feel very thin yet protected.

Am I the only one with these thoughts? Perhaps it might make sense for Apple to take it's current case and manufacture with different materials and colors.

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad on launch day and got the Apple case. I have not been impressed with any other case for the money. A skin for $49 by Belkin??? I think the Apple case is perfect and fairly priced. $39 gets you a nice, classy case that protects your iPad investment, looks like you are carrying a book/small folder with you, protects the screen when closed and the cover folds back to form an elevated platform, perfect for typing.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have done this in the past with various gadgets, but so far, I have resisted. There are about 10 or so different cases I want to buy - I am particularly a sucker for the fine leather, hand-crafted type.

So far I just have a fairly cheap leather one I carry when I'm out. When I'm at work or home, I've been taking it out of the case and going naked. ;)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen several other cases and the apple case is the best. Damn near impossible to get, but the best.

Big Daddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a fake leather case from Incase. It is more bulky than i'd prefer, but the official apple case just didn't seem to be sturdy enough.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Apple case it ugly but the design is just right.
The quirky lip is a good shock absorber for falling damage.
It just works like the pad itself.....

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Case Well Designed

I've seen several other cases and the apple case is the best. Damn near impossible to get, but the best.

I agree the Apple case is very well designed. Yes, I wish it had the look and smell of leather, but I am not about to give up the Apple case for a fancy leather case that isn't as functional. I also like the fact the Apple case also looks like a black binder and few of the hoodlums around Atlanta know what I am actually carrying. There fore it could be said the Apple case also adds a measure of physical saftey to using the iPad.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

I agree the Apple case is very well designed. Yes, I wish it had the look and smell of leather, but I am not about to give up the Apple case for a fancy leather case that isn't as functional. I also like the fact the Apple case also looks like a black binder and few of the hoodlums around Atlanta know what I am actually carrying. There fore it could be said the Apple case also adds a measure of physical saftey to using the iPad.

Yeah, a black binder with an apple logo.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one notices Apple Logo on Apple iPad Case

Yeah, a black binder with an apple logo.

The issue of carrying an iPad is recognized even by Apple. A friend in NY at the Apple store was asked to put her new iPad in her purse after the Apple clerk removed it from the original box for safety.

No one notices the Apple logo unless they are really close and examining what doesn't look all that interesting otherwise.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have other cases, and only use the apple case. We need a resale page on this forum to get rid of the cases we are no longer in love with.

CM

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep Apple Case Clean

The Apple case is some kind of micro fiber material. It doesn't wipe off easily.

I have found that taking a paper towel with a generous amount of liquid soft soap and some water removes spots and dirt. Then wiping with another clean towel with just water to rinse, cleans the Apple case so no spots remain and it looks as good as new.

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my Apple case, about every 2 weeks, pull out my iPad, put it in the sink with some soapy water - give it a scrub with a sponge - and then pat dry and hang up for an hour. Good as new.

ilovemyipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried the official Apple case because the reviews were so bad. You have changed my mind and I think I will buy one. I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CTCstore-Leather-Jacket-tablet-display/dp/B003JKH3MQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279849684&sr=8-13"]this[/ame] case and really like it. Does anyone know if the the Apple case will hold the iPad with a silicone skin? My current case does, but barely, it's really tight fit, but still works just fine.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried the official Apple case because the reviews were so bad. You have changed my mind and I think I will buy one. I have this case and really like it. Does anyone know if the the Apple case will hold the iPad with a silicone skin? My current case does, but barely, it's really tight fit, but still works just fine.

I doubt it. The Apple case is extremely tight on the 3G.

Most reactions