What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinao i Pad case on eBay

Mverza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased this case because it is described as a replica of the Apple case, but without the smudges and lint gathering. It is also described on u tube.

I bought a red "leather" case (not really leather) and loved the look. I carried it all day today and thought it was perfect.

Tonight I was using the i Pad in bed and placed it on a lap pillow in landscape mode. Unlike the original Apple case, the flap keeps coming out of the notch on the back and the case collapses when shifted. I guess it is just too slippery.

I am back to using the original Apple case. I will just replace it when it gets worn looking. It holds its position perfectly, no matter how much I move the i Pad around.

Byron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the "Macally BOOKSTAND Protective Case and Stand for iPad
by*Macally". The material is suede like and it works just like the apple case. The only difference is it has a leather like tab that keeps the case closed. This case actually works better in landscape mode as the base is wider and the suede like surface is very nonslip. The apple case use to fall over on an airplane, the Macally one does not. I have had this case for 2 months and so far so good as far as dirt/stains.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the dodo case, it's the best case for the ipad

Unfortunately, not according to these users -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8btBjbZSLtI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8btBjbZSLtI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCzsXvz3tg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCzsXvz3tg[/ame]

For months now, there have been numerous reports about the corners wearing out and the frame cracking, which points to a serious QA issue they have either with their manufacturing or design, which they cannot or are unwilling to fix. There are other Moleskine-style vendors out there (Treegloo, Portenzo, Pad and Quill, etc) offering better products at the same or lower prices.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Cases last just as long as the user allows them to. Cases are REALLY meant to take the damage of use so the device inside them does not. I am hard on cellphones, and without a case on my phone, I would go through them within a couple months, rather than every 6 to 9 months. I am luckily in a position I don't have to worry about replacement phones.

How do we know that the people didnt abuse them? We had a lady come in to have her laptop looked at because it stopped booting "all of a sudden." I asked the normal questions: Did it get dropped? Did anything get spilled in it? What was the last thing that was installed? Her answer to them was No, No, Nothing. Well, the case was cracked and when we pulled the drive out to check it in another computer, a black gooey liquid had puddled in the drive bay. Coffee.

Cases are meant to protect the devices in them, they are meant to take the brunt of abuse. Doesn't mean function has to outweigh form, but it does mean that function has to be maintained.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, all cases offer a degree of protection to their device, but not all cases are built or designed to be armour. Moleskine-style cases, for example, are built using a combination of woodwork (for the frame) and traditional bookbinding techniques (for the case) for aesthetics, so I don't really know if you'd want to be tossing it across the room on a regular basis, which you could probably do with an Otterbox.

The specific issue to DodoCase is that there have been too many complaints about its design and durability around the same few issues - corner pads wearing, frames cracking, iPads falling out, etc - far out of proportion to the (small) number of issues you'd reasonably expect with any product. I also have firsthand complaints from friends who use DodoCases (and they certainly don't treat their iPad cases like frisbees), and after repeated warranty issues, inevitably they've abandoned Dodo for other vendors like Portenzo or Treegloo.

Most reactions

Latest posts