What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Air for Noob

mjkoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought a certified refurbished Apple Air, 128GB, Wifi Retina display,etc., for 345.00 on Amazon, with a two-year warranty. Of course, it says it's in great condition and has gone through the process of making it like new, but it doesn't answer what I feel is the main question, so I thought I'd ask here.

What are the more common things to go "glitchy" with Apple Air (e.g. buttons, charging, app downloads, etc.)? I ask so I'll know what is likely to be refurbished, and I can keep an eye out for signs of trouble. 128GB is considered a lot on a tablet, but it usually means that things have been loaded on it that probably shouldn't have been, or worse yet, are there, but the new owner doesn't know it.

Looking forward to learning more, and thanks.
MjKoz

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad should have been erased properly, so there shouldn’t be anything on it that can be accessed by you. Some of the GB will be used by the system, but almost all of the 128 GB will be available as your storage.

Some important information, when you buy a used device from somewhere else but Apple:

To make sure the iPad has been removed from the previous owner’s iCloud ID, look out for this when you turn it on for the first time:
The first screen you should see, is the “Hello!” screen, and the request to set up your iPad. If you see something different (lockscreen, homescreen, popup asking for passcode, popup asking for password), it’s still connected to the previous owner, and has not been erased, as it should have been. If that’s the case, contact the previous owner, and ask him to remove this device from his iCloud ID.

Most reactions

Latest posts