What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

appd download "Waiting..."

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just chose to download an app from the app store and the icon shows up on my ipad screen but it just shows the download progress bar and says waiting. The app never starts downloading and it cant be removed.

anyone else get this before?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad it is okay. It is really a Internet connection issue.... Unless you are getting more than one app at a time, or updating several apps at once. Then it downloads them one at a time, and the others will show waiting..

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Glad it is okay. It is really a Internet connection issue.... Unless you are getting more than one app at a time, or updating several apps at once. Then it downloads them one at a time, and the others will show waiting..

nope, it wasnt an internet issue, it was just stuck and wouldnt download

Mikerawl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried downloading an app for BBC news and also one for ABC news. Both are showing with this "waiting". Have tried a sync solution as those apps are fine on my laptop. It did not work. They are still showing as waiting on the ipad2. I also tried downloading from the iTunes store a podcast (podgram as it also has video) by Stephen Fry. It is showing on the "Downloads" section of the itunes store and again the "waiting" So it is also stuck in limbo! Can't seem to get rid of these "waitings" on the ipad2 itself.
Why is there no way to just delete them and start again?? The podgram downloaded to and plays fine on my laptop via ADSL link but will not transfer to the ipad by syncing or by the 3G network (Optus).

Mikerawl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After posting that - I tried the power down and power back up among other things and the ABC news and BBC news apps seem to have sorted themselves out. I also tried syncing again as part of that powering up/down mix so still not absolutely sure what fixed it. When I bought (at last) an Apple device I didn't expect Microsoft characteristics to come with it (turn off/turn on again)! Everybody has been telling me how trouble free Apple devices are ...well is that the full truth?? LOL

With the podgram and the waiting on the Stephen Fry...it is greater than 20MB it seems ( message came up) so will not download except on WI-FI not 3G. A message did come up to go into settings and I switched on the "cellular download" option when there is no wi-fi available....so not sure if that fixed the ABC/BBC waitings?

Most reactions

Latest posts